SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *****2010 Subaru Forester Purchase Question ****** Update ******
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*****2010 Subaru Forester Purchase Question ****** Update ****** Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Nice looking vehicle! What’s in that hole below the AC controls? Mines just open storage.
Hands-free Pez dispenser. A European option you do not see too often here.

I keep telling myself I'm going to glue some high-temp rubber sheets into a removable phone stand to lay across the clock / outside temp "shelf". That is where I prop my iPhone when it is on Nav. Yes, windshield mounts do exist. But for the SE, not so much.

After 12 years I had my first flat last Thursday. And the spare is mounted Schrader-down, and had not been checked in ages. Yep, 12 pounds of air in a 60 pound tire. But we worked it out, got the Michelin plugged, and are motoring fine. For a few more days.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Looks really good! Good luck with it!

I've never had a Subaru, and the only one in my family to have had one is my dad, who is on his second Outback. We've had 5 CR-Vs, 3 RAV-4s, 3 Lexus RXs, a Mercedes GLK, a VW Tiguan and a Honda Pilot to fulfill our AWD SUV fix, but we've never purchased a Subaru which seems to do it so well.

The styling and the boxer engine kept me away, but I just loved the styling of the XV Crosstrek when it came out. I test drove one, but I went with the VW Tiguan 4motion due to wanting a lease at that time.

Finally...I got my Crosstrek the first week of May this year, and I have about 4,500 miles on it already. Really happy with it so far, especially with the fuel mileage - about 32-33 mpg. I can't wait to go play in the snow later this year up in Colorado when I go visit my dad up in the high country.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1155 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the timing belt condition? The inspection cover has three 10mm bolts and it's easy to check.
You might also check the resistance on the VVL switches. I've had to replace them on mine.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Update , took the Forester to the dealership so they could give it the once over.
Everything is shipshape and services were up to date.
It only had one key & fob so I ordered a second set.... $450!!
Don’t lose yours!
I did notice that the sealer on one of the rims was cracked and corrosion had begun underneath it.
So I ordered a new rim. Got the ceramic hybrid wax applied and the cover ordered & on.

Thank you all for the information. It helped give me direction on a manufacturer & vehicle I knew nothing about.
I’m beginning to like this little SUV.
Still haven’t sold my 21yr old truck yet though.
An officer at work is buying it “when I’m ready”. LoL

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is some seriously proactive maintenance. My '08 had the steel rims but always wore decent tires. And I upgraded the valance attachments from shoelaces to zip ties. That little car did not like some local snowdrifts which turned out to be land-locked icebergs in disguise.

During the last serious road trip I dropped the spare fob . key • remote starter while pulled over in rural New Mexico. And backtracked two hours to get it [witnessed by Springerville AZ's finest, as the eastbound speedtrap clocked me +11). Got to enjoy that perfect stretch of country between Datil and Pie Town two more times. I figured since my S.I.L. would be getting the car shortly, the least I could do is give her all the original fobs and keys. [She got the car two weeks ago].

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
She looks fantastic!

Posts: 3688 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post