SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone else sewing up medical masks?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone else sewing up medical masks? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Today I learned how to make a mask from a pair of Boxer Briefs. Clean ones.

Well I certainly hope so! There's nowhere near enough material in thong panties!

Wait, well, huh, never mind!

Lol I needed a good laugh.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are just looking for elastic, you can use bungie cords. Get a bungie cord. Cut it open at the end. What you will find are multiple thin elastic cords that work perfect as holders or however you need them to secure the mask to the face. If this has already been posted my apologies.

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doc H. Thanks so much for your posts on this subject. Really invaluable info. Here’s a pic of another useful product that is in demand for our health professionals. Just in case your wife wasn’t busy enough! God bless you, your wife.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
My wife as well (she's a pretty accomplished quilter). Hers have a pocket for a HEPA filter and are washable. I'm using over an N95, and she's sending a couple of dozen to our daughter and her nursing staff in another state. They're not replacements, but cover and protect the N95, and can be washed and reused (which the N95 cannot).

Fashionable, too.... Smile

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
My wife just made a mask for our almost 4 year old, for the elastic she used large hairbands bought at the dollar store.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanner:
Doc H. Thanks so much for your posts on this subject. Really invaluable info. Here’s a pic of another useful product that is in demand for our health professionals. Just in case your wife wasn’t busy enough! God bless you, your wife.

Thank you tanner - bad couple of weeks ahead, but God willing will be on the back side of this thing by May/June...lots of positive research happening - hope to hear some good news on Ab testing this week. Still holding out for a Summer effect (my own opinion, for many reasons). You and yours stay safe and God bless....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wondering about which masks are best for surviving the autoclave's ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My older brother sent me this one.

It's reversible!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Today I learned how to make a mask from a pair of Boxer Briefs. Clean ones. Gotta love Korean YouTube!
So YOU'RE Michael Caine. As we suspected all along!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I was at HOME DEPOT over the weekend. I saw a lot of people who were not wearing masks. They were 'social distancing' and some wore gloves though.

Internet image...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
#10 furnace filter claims to do 70% of virus's
China-20 is .15nm* wide. average virus is 2.5nm, so I bet the china is in the 30% unfiltered. Thus I wrap the #10 in a handkerchief or scarf and spray come un-balanced ph liquid on the mask. My doc is interested. He sent one in last week to ??? for evaluation.
Wife & I have been wearing them for 4 weeks now. And besides the medicals I carry daily, We have been fine. Careful & fine.
* the .15 & 2.5 are from memory, but there is a +10x size difference.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post