SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microsoft "Your Phone" App
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft "Your Phone" App Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Ok, I just got a new computer, and it asked me if I wanted to link to my phone and I said yes, and installed the "Your Phone" app, and paired my phone to my computer. The best thing about this, is I can now reply to texts without having to type on my phone screen. Good thing, you'd think.

But... I can't figure out how to navigate from a particular text back to the list of texts.

I open the app, click messages, and it gives me a list of messages. When I then want to return to the list of messages, I can't figure out how to do it. No combination of key punching, right clicking, escaping, swiping a touch screen or pad, or anything else seems to have any effect on this damned thing.

Do any of you use this app, and does anyone know how to navigate it?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mine has two columns.

Left column is list of people. Click on one of them and right column shows dialog with that person in chronological order.

Let me know if you have't figured it out by mañana, and I'll send you a screen shot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You're in the Appleverse; I'm in the Androidverse. That may matter.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Though probably not too helpful, I both tried and eventually gave up on that Microsoft Your Phone environment. I just couldn't seem to get comfortable with it. However, since I run the Chrome browser on my laptop and desktop machines, I installed the Google Messages For The Web plugin and really like it. It looks and feels just like the Messages app on your Android phone.
Now all day long I can shoot texts back and forth easily from my computer without having to fish for my phone. And I too live in the Androidverse. Unless you're wed to MS Your Phone, I'd suggest you try Messages for the Web.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

You're in the Appleverse; I'm in the Androidverse. That may matter.
There’s your problem, right there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bigdeal, I will give that a try.