SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Mini" Safe Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Mini" Safe Recommendations Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted
I'm looking for a miniature version of a well built gun safe, preferably USA made.

Basically floor mounted (will reside in a closet, the heavier the better - which coupled with being bolted to the floor should deter the casual meth head. Ideally I would like to be able to store a SBR in it so would need about a 24" inside height dimension.

THIS IS NOT A PRIMARY GUN SAFE...rather other secure storage that allows QUICK ACCESS. For this application I's almost prefer a digital combo with key backup. But I could be convinced otherwise.

Price is negotiable. Thanks in advance for your advice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRC,

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This not fit needs?

http://www.vlineind.com/shop/c...s-quick-access-safe/

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
This not fit needs?

http://www.vlineind.com/shop/c...s-quick-access-safe/

Nope...14/16 ga. metal and 65# - not by a long stretch. Tell me about 100# plus.

It's going in a closet. I'd prefer it closer to the 24" height requirement, or a little taller.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
JRC,

I don't think I need to tell you the obvious, but always buy bigger than you think you need.

You will run out of room.

For my emergency entry needs, I went with a simple, cheap, Stack-On safe. It could be defeated in very little time, but will keep out your average meth-head.

This Stack-On safe is not the one I would recommend, but you get the idea.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check your local safe dealers. a1abdj types.... I bought a smaller safe from him a few years back. It was a cash safe from a Dollar General (if I remember correctly). I think it's dimensions are 27" tall by 20" square. Works out very well for us as a secondary safe.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Check your local safe dealers. a1abdj types.... I bought a smaller safe from him a few years back. It was a cash safe from a Dollar General (if I remember correctly). I think it's dimensions are 27" tall by 20" square. Works out very well for us as a secondary safe.

^^^THIS^^^ is the direction I am thinking. That size would be perfect! Smile

Hopefully a1abdj will be along to offer suggestions.

Thank you.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
just don't buy crap. buy quality and cry only once.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If you want to post your zip code, or send me an e-mail outside the forum with your zip, I'd be happy to see who may be in your area that can help you out.

Banks commonly use a variety of steel plate safes, so anybody who deals with them will likely have something of suitable construction available.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
I'm looking for a miniature version of a well built gun safe, preferably USA made.

If Sturdy doesn't have what you want in a stock size, they'll custom-build.
Made in USA, and they make a quality safe.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
If you want to post your zip code, or send me an e-mail outside the forum with your zip, I'd be happy to see who may be in your area that can help you out.

Banks commonly use a variety of steel plate safes, so anybody who deals with them will likely have something of suitable construction available.

Email sent. Thank you for weighing in, a1abdj.
JRC

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

If Sturdy doesn't have what you want in a stock size, they'll custom-build.
Made in USA, and they make a quality safe.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/

I agree with mod29. Sturdy safe will build it any way you want it, and deliver it to your door.You can decide how you want it, and they will build it.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/pag...stomer-altered-safes

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post