SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawn folks, what is this clover and how do I kill it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawn folks, what is this clover and how do I kill it? Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
Did a google search, but the clover they say it is has a flower. This has more like a yellow bud.

I went to spray using Round Up for Lawns. It's supposed to kill clover, weeds and crabgrass without hurting the grass. I sprayed this stuff with that and there is some discoloration on one group of it that I sprayed, nothing on all the others.

It's funny because I thought, "You know, I have a little clover I should probably take care of." Well, a little clover is actually a good chunk of my yard!

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What kind of grass is it in? I have had good luck with "Image" but I believe it is for Bermuda and maybe a couple other types

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
You got me, but its a cold weather grass. I think most grass mixes they sell at the store are some sort of ryegrass, IIRC. It's real thin blades.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Buttercup. A weed that spreads very fast. You can spray with a 2-4d and not hurt the grass.

Posts: 23 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
It is hop clover. Spray called Pasture Pro will get rid of it.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've had this stuff in my yard. It spreads like crazy but is easily controlled with a dose of Weedmaster. I mix it in a two gallon tank sprayer and spot apply if I see it. It's gone in a week.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It isn't clover, it is Oxalis (Ox Al Iss), some speakers stress the first syllable, others the second.

Somewhat to very resistant to the usual broad leaf pesticides like 2,4-d used for weeds in lawns, but it is a very common weed with lots of options for control.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Orion5, that's it! Thanks!

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
On my "lawn" I just mow stuff like that down with everything else. If it's green and has roots to keep the soil in place it can stay. Wink

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post