SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a dream about someone, now I cant get them off my mind
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a dream about someone, now I cant get them off my mind Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I had that problem solved after my 30 year high school reunion.

YES! Stick with the dream - never know what you'll find now... Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is one reason I don't go to reunions. Lolol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Just keep remembering the good ol times rather than see what things are like now

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes indeed. I make it a point to stay away from them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
A buddy of mine told me just this last week he had a dream about an old (High School) girlfriend. He went online to try and see what had happened to her, and found that she had died of a brain tumor a few years ago. It's got him kind of freaked out, he's starting to think he's psychic or something. Spider-sense, he calls it.

That's kind of a useless spider sense, right? She died a few years before his dream. Maybe he could refine his power to become more timely. It would be like dreaming the correct lottery numbers...from last week.

Yeah, that was kind of my thought too.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
They made a movie about a guy thinking about a girl from back in the day. It was called "There's Something About Mary."

I'm pretty sure it was a Shakespearean tragedy.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away
It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
Till I see Marianne walk away

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="297" width="475"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSR6ZzjDZ94&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" /><param value="window" /><param value="true" /><embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" wmode="transparent" height="297" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSR6ZzjDZ94&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" width="475"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow, one of those songs I have heard countless time yet never really paid attention to the lyrics.

As to the original question.
Yes. Can be quite frustrating.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
quote:

Just keep remembering the good ol times rather than see what things are like now

Aw, I just went to my 30 year reunion last year. Many of them still looked pretty damn good.

I dragged my buddy to our 10 year reunion. He reluctantly went and sat in the corner and did not talk to anyone. Meanwhile, a classmate of ours (that I wasn't really familiar with) came and started talking to him. They've been living together as boyfriend/girlfriend for over 25 years now. It was all because I made him go to that reunion.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
My sweet imagination
Everything looks worse in black and white

Paul Simon
Smile

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Made me laugh.

A while back I went home for my 50th reunion. Pretty much all the "elite" girls back then were really pretty pathetic. Thank god for name tags as I would not have recognized most of them. A few of theme went the plastic surgery route which really only made matters worse.

Funny thing, there was one lady at the reunion that caught my eye and I went over to talk to her. She was a gal I remembered very well but never in the spotlight, just pretty much a plain jane but also someone that I liked a lot back then as she had a great sense of humor. Well, she was striking. Beautiful gray hair (unlike most who dyed their hair for the event) untouched dark complexion that looked great and on top of that she was slim and looked very much in shape. After speaking to her for a bit, I got up to go but turned around and told her I just had to comment on how great she looked. I smiled and said I wouldn't say that to anyone else here. She just smiled.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:

Made me laugh.

A while back I went home for my 50th reunion. Pretty much all the "elite" girls back then were really pretty pathetic. Thank god for name tags as I would not have recognized most of them. A few of theme went the plastic surgery route which really only made matters worse.

Funny thing, there was one lady at the reunion that caught my eye and I went over to talk to her. She was a gal I remembered very well but never in the spotlight, just pretty much a plain jane but also someone that I liked a lot back then as she had a great sense of humor. Well, she was striking. Beautiful gray hair (unlike most who dyed their hair for the event) untouched dark complexion that looked great and on top of that she was slim and looked very much in shape. After speaking to her for a bit, I got up to go but turned around and told her I just had to comment on how great she looked. I smiled and said I wouldn't say that to anyone else here. She just smiled.

My 50th is coming up in 2 years. I have never been to a HS reunion but intend to go to this one. If nothing else I will get the satisfaction that I outlived many of those bastards. If I live that long.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
While we are all wonderful individuals inside, seeing someone that was smoking crazy hot 30 years ago is most likely going to be a disappointment at cosmic levels.
(The small percentage that are the exception would be called an "anomaly" in data analysis).

A story from my life...
Back when I was around 30 I thought I was doing well, had a good job and dating a beautiful, smart lady who had worked as a Leggs (the hose company) model.

One day we were down on the coast where I grew up for a weekend away. My lady wanted to look around in a store a little more and so I walked out and opened the windows/sunroof on my car. (hot day).

I'm sitting there with the sunroof open, thinking what a beautiful day it is and suddenly the quiet was broken by the blat, blat, blat of a worn-out muffler. As I looked up, this old Ford LTD comes creaking into the parking lot making a lot of noise, with a trail of smoke behind it. The windows were open and I could hear multiple yelling from a group of under-10-year-old kids. The car parked and I saw a really large woman get out wearing one of those shapeless MuMu type dresses.

I closed my eyes and leaned back, and suddenly realized that someone was saying my name.
When I opened my eyes the MuMu woman was leaning in my window and talking to me. I realized that I was seeing a girl who in HS was one of the smoking-crazy-hottest girls that ever stretched on a cheerleader's uniform. Her family was French and had these dark eyes that really took your breath away. Last time I saw her she was rocking a tight uniform and looking magazine-quality. But years pass...

Now this was her standing by my car window, with three screaming/yelling kids pulling at her dress. Until she spoke I didn't recognize her.

I'll let it go at that because we all age, but if you want to kill a fantasy or smother a recurring dream, just go to that reunion...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
quote:

The most attractive gal in both grade and high school, a real knockout - we dated in 5th grade Wink married ... wait for it ... a plastic surgeon. She looks too sculpted now. Almost like a designer wife.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post