SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Just spent 4 hours with my 15* degree wand nozzle on my front drive and sidewalk.
Still have the side drive and back parking pad. So looking at 5-6 more hours.

The Northern Tool catalog came yesterday and I was browsing during dinner and came across the surface cleaners. Have a $20 off coupon.

https://m.northerntool.com/pro..._200659587?adv=false

Anybody got one?? Do they work well on concrete?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't used that one but I have used a surface cleaner and it is a huge improvement over the wand .

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a similar one I bought off amazon and it works great. Just make sure your washer puts out the required pressure/gpm needed by the attachment.

Posts: 4082 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.searspartsdirect.c...13d033e395927c89e040

I picked this one up and used it on our deck last year. What an improvement over using just the wand.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have that one. As long as your pressure washer has enough power it works good.

At 2700 psi and 2.3 gpm it works good on mine so it’s not like you need a lot of pressure washer but more is better.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Used one of those a friend in the business hooked me up with.

Amazing results in a fraction of the time, way less tiring and no spray of gunk all over me from ankle to eyes.

It's the only way I'd do it!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its worth the $. My experience was that it wore out after two complete driveway, parking area cleanings. It was still worth it. Must faster and more even cleaning.

The mechanism spin sat high rpm and can cause early failure. I bought another even though it didn't last as long as I might like. Or just hire someone.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just used mine for the first time yesterday. 3 years of Pacific NW mildew, grime, and dirt came up like a charm. My drive way is 30'x 50'. I have one of the Briggs & Stratton attachments that I got at Lowe's last year during the fall clearance. Around $50. Best PW accessory.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I have an EZ Clean model from Home Depot which has proven to be a great time and water saver.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I got the 16 inch with wheels from Northern. Love it. Run it with a slightly over specked washer, 4100 psi at 4.3 GPM, but I can back the pressure down with the dial on my wand.
My drive is exposed aggregate so it kind of holds water so I have to rinse it after using the surface cleaner to keep the standing dirty water from drying back on the drive.
I would buy again in a heart beat, might even spring for a bigger one.
A 12 would seem slow and small on a good size area but you must match your washer size...

As for longevity, IDK yet, but mine has sealed bearings instead of bushings like on the cheap ones.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I have a 19" whisper wash classic I use with my 4gpm 3500psi unit. The speed and efficiency of this thing is a game changer. I used one like the model you linked (northern tool, but with Plastic shroud) and it was awful, vibrated like crazy and bad, uneven results. It was used and maybe too small for my machine.

The whisper wash is awesome. A flat surface takes about a 1/4 the time over the wand. The only down side is the one I bought was nearly $700 but I used it for a business and could justify it.

I would make sure you match the surface cleaner closely to your machines specs.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I’ve got a similar one I bought off amazon and it works great. Just make sure your washer puts out the required pressure/gpm needed by the attachment.

Yes check the needed pressure and gpm requirement

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has a surface cleaner and I used it to cleanup my paver driveway and walk recently. I was shocked how easy and how effective it was to use. No splotchy areas, no mess, and I did it in half the time it normally takes. Highly recommend it over the wand method.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I have one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ho...r-AEZ31023/203105727

Makes fast work of sidewalk and driveway cleaning. I have used it for at least three seasons and no problems. I had to make a short extension adapter to fit the pressure washer and included a quick release so it's easy to switch. Of course, SWMBO informs me that I overengineer everything.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks like there are 2 types. Those with wheels and no wheels. Do the ones without wheels levitate slightly from water force? Seems like they would drag a bit.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I linked to does not drag much at all, even on the deck with gaps between the boards.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Mine has wheels and it works very well. The surface cleaner makes life MUCH easier when doing decks, sidewalks, and driveways. Worth the $ for sure. Your friends will REALLY want to borrow it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
I have a 19" whisper wash classic I use with my 4gpm 3500psi unit. The speed and efficiency of this thing is a game changer. I used one like the model you linked (northern tool, but with Plastic shroud) and it was awful, vibrated like crazy and bad, uneven results. It was used and maybe too small for my machine.

The whisper wash is awesome. A flat surface takes about a 1/4 the time over the wand. The only down side is the one I bought was nearly $700 but I used it for a business and could justify it.

I would make sure you match the surface cleaner closely to your machines specs.

Sounds like an excuse to get a new "more better" power washer as well. Smile

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I just bought the Dewalt one from home depot last week and it worked fine with my 3400 psi pressure washer, It saved me a lot of time!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine has the one in your original post/link for his pressure washer (maybe not the same brand) and to be honest, I just don't think it does as good a job on "heavy" stuff...kinda the same results as described by shifty about the Northern Tool attachment.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post