SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ~*~Testing Amazon Prime Photo Hosting~*~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Testing Amazon Prime Photo Hosting~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
Can you see this?

https://smile.amazon.com/photo...R158nZ91uCqj2JsZ5XeO

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
No.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
What did you do? I'm so effin tired of photobucket I'm searching for something STABLE

-Ovid

NRA Life Member

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The address you put within the Img tags directs to a share page, with the image sitting in the middle of it.

You need to click on the image, which brings up the image in a browser tab buy itself, right click that image to get the actual image address...then use that within the Img tags.

Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I guess Amazon's sharing doesn't use the correct type link.

-Ovid

NRA Life Member

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
In simpler terms. Click on the image until it is the max size (clicking on the image does not bring up anything else), then right click on the image and select "copy image address".

Then use that address to imbed the image in the forum.

Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help. I'm going to try it on the laptop tomorrow (in a few hours :-)) This new chromebook tablet is still weird to me.

-Ovid

NRA Life Member

Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeeet. I despise photobucket, will give this a shot. Thanks!

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Try PostImage.

FREE, easy to use, much faster than PhotoBucket.

You don't need an account, you can just go to it and post a photo.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I recently made the switch to Imgur, and have been happy with it. It's much easier to use and more user friendly than photobucket EVER was.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
Can you see this?

https://smile.amazon.com/photo...R158nZ91uCqj2JsZ5XeO

Yes, I saw it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I recently made the switch to Imgur, and have been happy with it. It's much easier to use and more user friendly than photobucket EVER was.

For posting p;ictures from your computer, this is THE way to go!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
What did you do? I'm so effin tired of photobucket I'm searching for something STABLE

I use Flickr. It's a Yahoo site but it actually works pretty well, it's free, and it's stable. To upload photos from a computer it doesn't require you to download a program to your desktop, that then scans through every single photo on your computer, like Google photos does.

Flickr does take a few extra clicks to get to the IMG embed code without their framework around it but it's pretty easy to do. The smartphone app is streamlined and easy for uploading photos from the phone to the Flickr site. The only downside I have found is that it's nearly impossible to get to that direct IMG code on a smart phone to then embed those photos here at Sigforum. So I just do that from a laptop or desktop when needed.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I can see it but are there any quick links to various save/embed methods? Like PhotoBucket?
Does me no good if I have to download and upload elsewhere to embed.
BTW, never had a problem like others may have with PhotoBucket but I have Amazon Prime too and interested in how it works.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have a new one-year Amazon Prime account, but I'm not sure that I'll keep it. What happens to your photos if you don't re-up? I've been happy so far with my ImageShack photo hosting site.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have to check it out if it's a prime benefit, then again, loading everything to Amazon, using their tv and streaming music, not sure I want to be fully committed to one supplier...

So far I've not had the issues with photobucket others have reported, other than a few times I couldn't get to their web page, and thats not uncommon with any web page..

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post