SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Somebody Help Me Find A Source For This Part?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Somebody Help Me Find A Source For This Part? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
This is the heater element used in the carpet cleaning machines in my rental business.

Back when the machines were manufactured in Reno NV I was a distributor. I used to buy these heaters for ten or twelve bucks each, in modest quantity.

After the founder of the Thermax company died the company was sold and the distribution chain as we knew it disappeared. I have seen these at two online retail sites, outrageously priced at $35 and $79, respectively.

I'm looking for a source for modest quantities at a reasonable price.

Does anybody recognize these and know who manufactures or distributes them?

The resistance for the ones I need is 50 ohms.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Anyone? Bueller?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
Did you try Mouser or Newark14?
There is also a place called Johnstone supply that may have it too, perhaps!

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
We use a lot of cartridge heaters from Wattlow and Hotwatt, both. They may have been the manufacturer, or have something close.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post