SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Real Estate Folks, recommend me a book
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Estate Folks, recommend me a book Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Update: I have a local real estate agent that I more-or-less trust coming to give the place a once-over next week.

Depending on his input we'll move forward or pack it in.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
I am not an agent. Ivam sharing past experience as a buyer. We had to pay for our apraisal.

I would hold off getting an "official" one and let the buyer bear the cost. Plus I seem to recall them "sticking" for some amount of time, so you could lock yourself in at a low price for a bit.

Ymmv, this was my experience in TN and GA.

An appraisal "sticking"? As an appraiser, I have no idea what you're talking about...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post