SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A jaguar goes fishin'...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A jaguar goes fishin'... Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm not cleaning that litter box..

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Very cool.. the related videos appear to indicate this is normal hunting behavior.
So, why don't Australians have pet Jaguars when they go swimming?? Wink

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
A hairy, spotted, missile for sure. An absolutely beautiful animal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
I saw a Bobcat at dawn by the edge of a water hazard with an 18" gator in his mouth

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Thinking to himself - this is a croc, something comes f'n with me in my element, where is he dragging me

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Wow. I would have thought the alligator/crocodile would have the upper hand in its native environment.

The gator probably wasn't expecting the attack. Stay alert for danger!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
BAD ASS!

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Impressive. I'd of like to have seen if there was much of a struggle after that. It's probably no small task to kill/incapacitate a gator/croc, even when you get the drop on them.

When the gator struggled, the cat went right to the spine and sank it's teeth in. Once the spinal cord is penetrated, the prey is completely incapacitated. Like a bear, it knows just what to do.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few of the Jaguars they have been seeing in the US are just south of Tucson, in and out of a few of the mountain ranges.

Back in the 90s before they were "discovered" to be here, my uncle and I spent a week hunting in the Santa Rita mountains. We were fairly remote, and off a seldom used dirt road. As we were walking out one morning we came across big cat prints that had not been there the day before. The print easily filled the palm of my hand. My uncle was using an old full size Springfield A3'03, he layed it down in between the stride. We were blown away at how big the cat must have been. We never did see it. But when they discovered the first recent Jaguars in the states a few years later, that was my first thought about those prints. It was the same area El Jefe was in about a year or two ago.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one bite behind the neck and that gator went limp

lights out

and all that without bait

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post