SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Mechanical Engineers here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Mechanical Engineers here? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I will be graduating in May, and would like to talk some MEs offline to answer some questions I have.

Thanks

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aerospace engineer here, but in the airframe structures world - half of the guys who work for me are MEs. Shoot me an email and I'll help if I can.

Posts: 441 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: April 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chemical Engineer here -- same situation as above. Send me your questions. I can get some of them answered.

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Guilty as charged. E-mail if I can help.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
I've been perpetually right since degreed as an ME. You will be too and you will love it! Email is in profile.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Medical surgical engineering here. Our engineers have varied degrees such a MS Physics, Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, etc. Are you searching for an internship?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
MSME/MBA here. Been in manufacturing all my career; glad to offer any assistance.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I have a BS in mechanical engineering and worked for several years as an ME for a small oilfield equipment company doing design, testing, and QA/QC, and got a non-thesis Master's degree in ME before ultimately going back to school for computer science (working on a PhD).

My email is in my profile if you would like to talk.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll be the different one.

BS in ME.

2+ decades in IT.

On the other hand, they sure don’t teach proper problem setup in computer science.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys, I will be sending emails over the next couple of days, thanks.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I’ll be the different one.

I'll drop in the "different" bucket as well.
Industrial Engineer here, 20+ years in manufacturing.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mechanical Engineer here. Email if needed.

Dream Big, Work Hard

Posts: 13 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: September 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Social Engineering here. Specializing in making problematic people more compliant to suggestion.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Electrical Engineer here and until recently I did Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP). I'll be of any help I can.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Not an engineer, but what a great thread. This is why I like SF so much. Members are always willing to help each other.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an ME and I have a Masters in engineering management (read that as manufacturing systems engineering). I also have a professional license which helps me since I work in the commercial architectural products field. I'd be happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have. Email is in my profile.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
In. Engineering supervisor for a publicly traded company that manufactures equipment for commercial snow and ice control. Been in compliance and design for >20yrs. Happy to help if possible.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'm a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry. My email is my profile, feel free to email me.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
mechanical here as well

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BSME/MBA - mostly manufacturing, last few years international new plant startup projects...

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post