SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“Parler, a fledgling social media app that bills itself as an unbiased alternative to Twitter and Facebook, has seen a dramatic spike in users thanks to supporters of President Donald Trump who have been signing up in droves to escape what some perceive as censorship on the other, more established platforms.

This sudden groundswell of interest in Parler, which has been on the periphery of the social media landscape since it was founded in 2018, was sparked by the Trump campaign's announcement last week that it might switch its efforts from Twitter and Facebook to Parler.

Conservatives have flocked to Parler, citing the more aggressive policing of controversial political comments on the more mainstream platforms.”

https://mol.im/a/8471963

Related:

“Reddit said Monday that it had shut down a forum for supporters of Donald Trump amid an overhaul of its content policies as Amazon's live-streaming platform, Twitch, also announced that it had temporarily banned the president's channel for 'hateful conduct'…”

https://mol.im/a/8471945

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I received a group text last night from a friend inviting me to Parler, had no idea what it was.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dan Bongino has invested a big stake into Parler. I gotta give props to Bongino for putting some skin in the game. He did the same with The Bongino Report (which is excellent) to replace Drudge which has gone completely off the rails. He's doing more than just talking. He's actually doing. Good for him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Dan Bongino has invested a big stake into Parler. I gotta give props to Bongino for putting some skin in the game. He did the same with The Bongino Report (which is excellent) to replace Drudge which has gone completely off the rails. He's doing more than just talking. He's actually doing. Good for him.

Haven't been to his site, but I love Liberty Daily.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ventured into Parler almost exactly a year ago. Works almost the same as twitter but is populated almost exclusively by American Patriots. A good many Conservative Brits and Canadians on board too. All you have to do is watch out for and follow the more erudite people, and avoid the commies and the middle eastern / asian spoilers. Much good and interesting information to be found there.

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Reddit said Monday that it had shut down a forum for supporters of Donald Trump amid an overhaul of its content policies as Amazon's live-streaming platform, Twitch, also announced that it had temporarily banned the president's channel for 'hateful conduct'…”

Are they doing the same for the vile, hateful and deceitful posts from the other side? (Rhetorical question.)

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
rudepigg on Parler

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I tried to register this morning, twice, no luck. The site must have been very busy.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Gab is another Twitter-style social media site that doesn't engage in censorship.

In fact: Both GoDaddy (the domain registrar) and several of the CC processors did their level best to kill Gab because it wouldn't censor free speech, and failed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't get past the catch phrase you have to type in...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Registered the other day.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am checking it out.

Daniel Defense is on there. I own 2 DD rifles so I checked.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I created an account with Parler. I've never visited anything Twatter related, but if adding a bunch of new Accounts gets Parler some exposure, I'm willing to sign up. Got nothing to lose.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
While I agree that we need our own platforms since the tech companies and biased I would say that Parler shouldn't be ban people either if they want to say they are unbiased.

https://www.techdirt.com/artic...it-doesnt-like.shtml

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It won't allow me to register. I tried Firefox and Chrome. The 'Submit' button is not active. I used a password generated by the site, filled in all fields. Ain't happenin'.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It will eventually become the same as the other 'social media' is my prediction. Maybe more so against the left who will join just to ridicule the right.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I would say that Parler shouldn't be ban people either if they want to say they are unbiased.
Trust me, this would lead to disaster, because any site which states that they will not ban users is telling the troublemakers of the world "Do your worst." The site would be overrun by leftist troublemakers posting mountains of outrageous and obscene content. Diligent, fair, unbiased moderation is the answer.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It won't allow me to register. I tried Firefox and Chrome. The 'Submit' button is not active. I used a password generated by the site, filled in all fields. Ain't happenin'.

I had to use the app and even that was buggy. it wouldn't accept the code they sent me. I finally just tried to log in, it sent a new code, and then I got set up.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Actually, this may be a very good sign. Possibly, it's an indication that the site is overwhelmed by registration attempts and that's encouraging. I'll try again in a day or two.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Actually, this may be a very good sign. Possibly, it's an indication that the site is overwhelmed by registration attempts and that's encouraging. I'll try again in a day or two.
Alternative social media Parler added 1M users in a week, still not profitable: CEO

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post