SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
I followed the bonginoreport. It absolutely spammed my feed. Gone.

Have a Twitter account? Any chance you follow Donald Trump, Don Jr., Ivanka Trump, James Woods or Dan Bongino there? Name any popular Conservative, there's NOT really much difference in terms of the amount of messaging. I just turned off the notifications as the sheer volume was overwhelming!

I don't really 'use' Twitter other than to follow 'certain' individuals with whom I'm aligned, so I can keep up with and/or 'follow' their message. If there's an alternative platform, I'm on board!

The whole point here is that Parler is a Conservative alternative....Let's give Twitter, Instagram and all the other Leftist Social Media platforms that are censoring Conservatives the 'one finger salute' and support the alternative! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've been on Parler for awhile. It's pretty good platform. The only thing that bugs me is having to go thru a CAPTCHA and then get sent an access code to get in. Otherwise, it's a great platform. Most of the big conservative names are on it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
For what purpose do they need your phone number?
To prevent individuals from registering multiple times, I imagine.

If you log out completely, they text you an access code to log back in. Or you can stay logged in. It also an account recovery method.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I solved my issue. I added text messaging to a throw-away number I have at my VoIP provider. I'll set up an account later.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
It won't allow me to register. I tried Firefox and Chrome. The 'Submit' button is not active. I used a password generated by the site, filled in all fields. Ain't happenin'.

The submit button wasn't active for me either until I entered a few zeros in the phone number section. Even then, the submit button took me to a page that was in perpetual "loading" mode and so my registration wasn't successful- both times I tried.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I joined earlier today from my iPad. Worked fine. When you join they send you a text numeric code to your phone to authenticate.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Had to turn off Brave's "Shields Up" setting to complete the registration process. Doing that caused the incomplete registration process to reload, so I had to start all over. Once I did that, I got the confirmation text message and I was in.

Weird that they default to using the username portion of your email address for a profile I.D. by default. Went into my profile and changed it to a username of my chosing.

<testing...>

Yup, have to leave "Shields Up" off for Parler. Don't care for that. Just have to make certain I always log in with a new private window, I guess.

These guys seem awfully intrusive.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I joined about a year ago as doublesharp but there was little fresh content. Trump can change that. I've never been on twitter.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Check the Privacy setting, you can make it so nobody sees anything about you or any posts unless you allow them to see it.

Also under security is a multi level login that you can setup.

Imagine this is all done to protect peoples accounts from being hacked and posts going out under their accounts they didn't create.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if they sell your data off?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm just the odd man out here, but I just don't feel a compelling need to subscribe to 'any' social media platform.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if you don't see the point by now, you'll never see it.

We have to move the pendulum. But, hey, it's not your problem, right?

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Is there a website that doesn't sell your information these days?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, at least one

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Big Grin

Nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, at least one
I should have said any other websites ...
I knew you didn't.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:

Am I not allowed to ask?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Am I not allowed to ask?
Am I not allowed to offer opinion?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Am I not allowed to ask?
Now, just how did you get to that from his rhetorical question?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

They claim they do not.

All they have from me, so far, is a tagged email address and a throw-away phone number.