SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump supporters are flocking to unbiased social media app Parler Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Worked fine for me signing up online through Chrome, I'll add the app to the iStuff in a bit..

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I registered just a couple days ago. Haven’t got much from it yet, but I assume that it will get better as more people I know join.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For what purpose do they need your phone number?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
border control?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
While I agree that we need our own platforms since the tech companies and biased I would say that Parler shouldn't be ban people either if they want to say they are unbiased.

https://www.techdirt.com/artic...it-doesnt-like.shtml

I don't know what techdirt is, but just look at some of the complaints from morons that have been banned.
quote:

1- Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours because conservatives truly love free speech.

2- Well I got banned from Parler

3- i’ve been banned from parler what happened to freedom of speech

They are a bunch of fucking leftist trolls signing up to make trouble, so they deserve to be banned. They weren't there to have intelligent discussions.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

To send a verification code to your phone to confirm you're a live person and the information matches.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

To send a verification code to your phone to confirm you're a live person and the information matches.

They have an email address for that.

I think I'll pass.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bongino did mention on his show to please bear with them as recently they have been attempting to fix a few glitches and bring the platform up to speed with the on rush of new users.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
To prevent individuals from registering multiple times, I imagine.

If we allow things like this to discourage us from joining such places, how will we ever begin to move away from the leftist-controlled mainstream?

Man up, brother.
quote:

I think I'll pass.
How many phones do you have? How many email addresses do you have? My answer to those questions is 'one' and 'about a dozen, and I could have a dozen more by this evening', respectively.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think I'll pass.

Google Phone....

Everybody knows your number anyway, spammers, politicians, google, apple, what one more....

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I would say that Parler shouldn't be ban people either if they want to say they are unbiased.
Trust me, this would lead to disaster, because any site which states that they will not ban users is telling the troublemakers of the world "Do your worst." The site would be overrun by leftist troublemakers posting mountains of outrageous and obscene content. Diligent, fair, unbiased moderation is the answer.

Fair point,

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
While I agree that we need our own platforms since the tech companies and biased I would say that Parler shouldn't be ban people either if they want to say they are unbiased.

https://www.techdirt.com/artic...it-doesnt-like.shtml

I don't know what techdirt is, but just look at some of the complaints from morons that have been banned.
quote:

1- Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours because conservatives truly love free speech.

2- Well I got banned from Parler

3- i’ve been banned from parler what happened to freedom of speech

They are a bunch of fucking leftist trolls signing up to make trouble, so they deserve to be banned. They weren't there to have intelligent discussions.

He he, all the more reason to join, and read the Tech Dirt comments, karma gold!....

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, this may be a very good sign. Possibly, it's an indication that the site is overwhelmed by registration attempts and that's encouraging. I'll try again in a day or two.

I was just able to try a submission with a Safari auto generated password and got the following error message.

"Use eight or more characters with at least one capital letter, lowercase letter, number, and special character.
The provided password is not complex enough "

UDhdxHJxA6NDvtnW9r3yh5jFF3/fAU3z6xxCy8m/n4U=
Not strong enough? Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take heart. It's an encouraging sign.

I imagine the registration process will smooth out in a matter of days, if not sooner.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Google Phone....

Yes, get a phone number from a company from which I'm trying to distance myself entirely to sign up for a social media site I don't need, because email isn't good enough a verification for them.

quote:
How many phones do you have? How many email addresses do you have? My answer to those questions is 'one' and 'about a dozen, ...

Three and five, respectively, and I could have a whole passel more phone numbers in minutes, if I wanted them.

We all draw our lines where we feel best suits us.

Y'all enjoy, though.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, what the fuck ever. Thanks for the help

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I followed the bonginoreport. It absolutely spammed my feed. Gone.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jesus, fellas. Enjoy the commie-controlled world. Anything else is so inconvenient.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Breitbart is a bit like that too, but it's better than the avalanche of LGQ this, and BLM that, wokeness shite you get on Twitter.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

What the hell does that mean? I use it all the time. It's just an aggregate that brings me to other sites. Spam your feed? Are you talking about social media sites?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post