SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Son at Wounded Warfighters gala in NYC (added pic w/Deputy Sec VA)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son at Wounded Warfighters gala in NYC (added pic w/Deputy Sec VA) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
My eldest is attending this. He was a Navy corpsman who served with the Marines. Just told me the Sea, Air and Space Museum staff has barred all the vets because Trump will be giving a speech there. He said no doubt The Donald doesn't know and would be pissed. I agree!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here he is with his service dog Stark

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Why would the vet's be barred?
Great photo.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Great photo.

It's probably an issue with the security of the venue. SS requirememts and all.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Great photo.

It's probably an issue with the security of the venue. SS requirememts and all.

They heard from the Museum staff and not the SS which has the honorees thinking that this wasn't a SS call. If it were the thinking is that the vets could have been screened easily enough. Oh well....

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here he is with his service dog Stark, and Scott R. Blackburn, Interim Deputy Secretary Department of Veteran Affairs at the gathering.

(https://www.va.gov/opa/bios/bio_blackburn.asp).

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I thank him and others for their service.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Glad he got to go with his best friend. Sucks about the Intrepid. And yes, I bet DJT was not aware of this. He would have pitched a bitch!

Thank him for his service.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks patw and rduckwor, I'll pass it along.

USN (RET), COTEP #192