SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm currently in gulf shores Alabama
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm currently in gulf shores Alabama Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
I'm currently in gulf shores Alabama for a nice beach vacation with my wife the daughter and son in law and granddaughter. We are on Beach Boulevard. Not sure why we are still here...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
odd time to be there for sure! stay safe

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We have been to Fort Morgan for three Spring Breaks. Always a good time. Stay safe.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
chellim, please take care. It's probably too late to leave, so play it safe.

PS- I just sent you an email.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I like storms. While I wouldn’t MAKE my family go (the kids are cut from the same cloth), I’d ride out a weak storm like Sally if I was a little inland in a concrete hotel. Not on the coast though. Pretty bad flooding is expected and that takes a while to recede, and roads might not fare well.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yeah.. too late to leave. We are the only ones left within sight.
The underside of the house where I was parked is now under water.
I pulled up on a sand dune. Hopefully it's still out of the water in the morning.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OHHH boy, hope you and your family stay safe and the water doesn't get too high.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ride Sally, Ride...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ll never forget this vacation!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you.

Whatever you do now don’t drive anywhere.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the storm was further West, not the case. I see it’s right by you, windy & rain. Stay safe.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The storm surge where you are is supposed to hit 4-7 feet, so you should be okay in that house until it subsides.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wishing the best for you Chellim. Sorry you chose hurricane week for your vacation.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Ride Sally, Ride...

It's a good ride... house is on telephone poles and shaking pretty good. I know you're not too far away so you are getting your share.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Here's your sign

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you get the beach to yourself Big Grin. My In-laws are in Pensacola, SIL is in Ft. Walton Beach, and BIL is in Niceville. BIL lives on a bayou, and the storm surge has the water well up under his house (on stilts)...he had to go outside and unhook his AC unit today and bring it inside before the saltwater killed it. Not sure what he did with his car. SIL went out this morning and got donuts. FIL went to work (independent mechanic, owns his own shop). Family didn't seem too worried about this one, and they've been through quite a few. They're all riding it out.

Be safe...hope you come through it safe and well.

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Well chellim got the full experience I imagine. Eye went ashore, still going ashore, at Gulf Shores...
I hope you and your family are ok....

Posts: 1202 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I hope the morning finds you safe Chellim.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Any power related problems yet? That and rising water can really put you on a downward trend. Hope everything works out, stay safe!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Wow, good luck man! I'll pray for your safety.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post