SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best, most versetile and durable LBV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best, most versetile and durable LBV Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I'm actually going to use this for carpentry and construction, but I'd like to know what people have found that is flexible in loadout and can survive abuse.

Really what I need is something that is above the waist only, so that the belt and pouches can stay.

Part of my problem is shitty setup of available products, the other part is that I'm broad shouldered and shorter than someone who would typically be as broad shouldered.

If someone actually has a directly carpentry/construction related product, I'll entertain it if I haven't heard of it or tried it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is it:

https://www.atlas46.com/produc...79/category=12449577

Thanks!

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:

I went to them first, wish they had more pocket options for the vest. Nice product though.

Arc.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Occidental does nice work.

They used to make holsters for a few years, back in the late 2000s/early 2010s. They were designed by Tim Thurman of TTGunleather, whose father owns (or used to own) Occidental Leather.

They were outstanding holsters. It's a shame they discontinued them, in favor of focusing on their primary market. My Occidental holsters are some of my favorite holsters ever.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I wager they work for a lot of people, but between the pocket config, and that I'm on the tall side of short but broad shouldered, I was not comfortable with 2 tries from them.

Trying to get beyond the toolbelt with suspenders, because it can get ungainly.

Need to maintain flexibility both in movement and loadout.

A lot of the carpentry (from all makers) rigs are aimed at framers, and my standard rig in that regard has served me well.

This Atlas46 thing might be the ticket, but if anyones got something that works, speak up.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, Occidental does nice work.

They used to make holsters for a few years, back in the late 2000s/early 2010s. They were designed by Tim Thurman of TTGunleather, whose father owns (or used to own) Occidental Leather.

They were outstanding holsters. It's a shame they discontinued them, in favor of focusing on their primary market. My Occidental holsters are some of my favorite holsters ever.

FWIW, TT Gunleather makes top-line gear, in my experience.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Lots of other places and opportunities to discuss gun leather. Lets keep it on topic please.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
I wish I would have had that atlas vest while installing in Phoenix,

someone really did their home work when they designed that

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Those are nice vests. Curious; you don't have a requirement for Hi-Vis colors and reflective? The commercial sites my company worked have a safety officer who enforced PPE wear.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hi-viz colors aren't required, but I'd be tempted just so I could be stylish, and find it easily.

Arc.

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I am looking more for a type of work apron. Not as many options out there as I might have thought. Doesn't have to be leather but that would hold up the best.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Check out the occidental leather offerings, they just didn't quite work for me, but I'm weird. The quality is great.

Arc.