SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Type to me of Bait and switch Car Buying at Autonation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Type to me of Bait and switch Car Buying at Autonation Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it made you feel better because they dont give a shit.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I found a video of the OP leaving the dealership after explaining his position.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You really think that made any difference to the dealership or that they will change how they do business? A corporation as big as Autonations?

Yeah, the manager probably grumbled about for a few minutes, maybe at best pissed off for the afternoon. And the next day, business as normal.

Believe me, no long term effect.........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy a new car next time Big Grin

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Too bad you weren't an Uber driver, could of made some extra dough with all the driving you did.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Top-15 bitch, for sure.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I found a video of the OP leaving the dealership after explaining his position.

You made my night.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
To allow you to back to back compare two vehicles you were interested in, the dealer moves one vehicle to the same lot as the other. You decide to buy the vehicle that was moved, but since the lot it is at is not a dealer for that brand they can't sell it as CPO. They did not disclose this to you and you caught it while doing the paperwork. They move the vehicle back to the lot that is a dealer for that brand that can sell it as CPO.

I'd be pissed off about them not disclosing that it wasn't being sold as a CPO vehicle as well. On the other hand, if I hadn't made known that I was only interested in buying a CPO vehicle, I'd chalk it up to poor communication and driven to the other lot to purchase the vehicle. If I had made it known and I felt they were purposefully trying to screw me, then I would walked out.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I got something similar at an actual GM dealer! Advertised as Certified Preowned but to get the GM extended warranty that comes with CPO cars I would have to pay $1k+ More as they said, it would cost them money to actually certify it. They were going to sell it to me without making that known.

I went elsewhere.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the fact that you bought a blinged up rebadged Chevy Escalade tells me all I need to know.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Just the fact that you bought a blinged up rebadged Chevy Escalade tells me all I need to know.

+1

I thought only rappers and soccer moms drove those

I understand getting pissed. But you went a bit too far. Karma is a bitch. Good thing you have that warranty.

ETA: his cut is fitting.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post