SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saturday funny
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday funny Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
Dear Boss,

I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year, a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.

Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.

During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.

Sincerely,
Every Senator or Congressman running for President.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I almost laughed, and then I didn't. And now I'm just angry...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truth hurts!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I know just how you feel.

Adding to my anger is that they are so arrogant and self serving in the process while they openly pretend that they want to serve the people.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Me too!

And then I let it go.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to rain on the parade, but their pay isn't all that great considering where they have to live, and the pension thing is quite misleading.

Congressional Pensions

But, yeah, seems like a pretty cush job with a lot of nice perks.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I don't mean to rain on the parade, but their pay isn't all that great considering where they have to live, and the pension thing is quite misleading.

Congressional Pensions

While that link is true, it’s not what this thread is about.

Can you work when convenient for 12 or 18 months while you try to get a better job, remain employed, paid the entire time, keep seniority, etc.?

It’s rhetorical as there are only about 535 of those jobs federally and several dozen per state.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congressional Pensions

And looking at circumstantial evidence, the "perks" are often much more money than the the standard pay and benefits. Many politicians seem to do quite well through crony capitalism.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Congressional Pensions

And looking at circumstantial evidence, the "perks" are often much more money than the the standard pay and benefits. Many politicians seem to do quite well through crony capitalism.

Insider trading, lucrative real estate deals enhanced through ear marks, and on and on. They don't call it the millionaires club for nothing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many "poor" congress critters come out multi millionaires. All of them.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post