SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hi looking for a remote assistance company for windows PC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi looking for a remote assistance company for windows PC Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
My sight-impaired buddy has had Best Buy's Geek squad Remote assistance. They cannot possibly suck enough! With their tier one, two, three levels of support, they manage to make matters worse very rarely better.
I told him I would try to find another company that will contract for his servicing needs.
And, of course, I seek the wisdom of fellow members.
Thanks in advance...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a local computer store to be helpful. You find this in the same way you find a good hardware store.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I found a local computer store to be helpful. You find this in the same way you find a good hardware store.

Problem is he is unable to drive.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The computer guy came to my office. There are still small computer shops that cater to small businesses like mine. He set up my new computer and remarked that the Geek Squad could not have done it. It involved transferring programs etc.

I had a problem later on and he fixed it remotely by using a program.

I set up all of this over the phone.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you just need to go onsite.
Once you get a network stable and running correctly then remote maintenance can be effective.
A lot depends on what the issue is.
A good tech knows when to go on site and when it can be addressed remotely.

PS the "Geek Squad" aren't professionals.
Do you really want a bunch of pimply faced 18 year old's who would rather be playing video games that solving your business and personal IT issues?

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Besides the other suggestions see if the municipality he lives in has any kind of assistance to visually impaired persons either through a public library or a senior center.

Another possibility is to contact a service club like the Lions Club, their primary mission is to assist the visually impaired. A long time ago I was a member, we did a lot of assistance programs like that.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post