SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Nye the Science Douche
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Nye the Science Douche Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Made me think of this:

(all those are correct about Dolph except the first one I believe)

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Bill Nye is about as qualified to comment on this stuff as Captain Kangaroo.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this guy really hacks me off. I’d been a member of the Planetary Society for a number of years. They have a great quarterly mag, magnificent pics, wealth of information on the universe in general.
Then they change ‘commmand’, as it were, and Bill Nye is now CEO and the face of the society. I quit and will not return as long as this clown is in charge. And that’s a shame as they have some really great things going on.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t stand this fucking fraud when he used kids program to squeeze his shit

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I might agree that data shows the climate is changing. After all, there have had 4-5 ice ages over the past x billion years, and in between are warming periods. But no way do I believe us pissants have anything to do with it nor can we do anything about it.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up! Did he say that there would have already been an ice age if it weren’t for human activity?

So you’re saying that my Hemi truck no only gets me from A to B, but that it also managed to prevent an extinction level event? And that’s bad how?

I wish Tucker pointed that out to him. I wish he’d thank me and send me a check to kick in some gas money.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill Nye

This guy isn't about to be the one to determine environmental issues such as climate change.

Nye began his career as a mechanical engineer for Boeing Corporation in Seattle, where he invented a hydraulic resonance suppressor tube used on 747 airplanes. In 1986, Nye left Boeing to pursue comedy, writing and performing jokes and bits for the local sketch television show In 1986, Nye left Boeing to pursue comedy, writing and performing jokes and bits for the local sketch television show Almost Live!, where he would regularly conduct wacky science experiments.

Nye holds three United States patents,[90] including one for ballet pointe shoes,[60][91] one for an educational magnifying glass created by filling a clear plastic bag with water.[92][93] and one for a device for training an athlete to throw a ball.[94] He also holds a design patent for a digital abacus.[95]

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think Bill Nye is the perfect spokesman for the Climate Change Lobby to fly to Paris and talk some sense into the green vest protesters. He’s a professional, I’m sure they’ll listen.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He has the heart of a tyrant. Imagine what he would do if he had total power and were unaccountable.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Claiming human activity is the primary cause for climate change is the ultimate in vanity.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Umm.... after watching the "sex junk" video and seeing ol Bill get down as it were, I am stunned. Were there kids in that audience?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
He has the heart of a tyrant. Imagine what he would do if he had total power and were unaccountable.

I agree. There is a darkness that he exudes that is downright creepy.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I love listening to liberals say that we should be entering another ice age as if it is a good thing. Yeah, living with a mile of ice under our feet kills damn near everybody.

Actually, this. And from a considerably more in-depth science background than Bill Nye. The earth is about 5,000-10,000 years overdue (give or take), for the next global geologic cycle. One day, some Fall or Winter probably, but not certainly, it will begin to snow and it will not stop - at least not enough that it would matter to anyone. Because it has always happened, and is really quite predictable from the geologic record. You (human activity) have perhaps slowed it imperceptibly, which is why it is overdue, but no amount of human effort could stop it, even if you had made a global concerted attempt, any more than you can prevent volcanic eruptions, earthquakes or tornadoes. Within a couple of decades, certainly a generation from the beginning, or less, as described, Chicago will be under a mile of ice. Populations will have fled to the equator, more or less, but even so there will be massive casualties, and northern regions with the cities beneath them will be uninhabitable for tens of thousands of years as we begin the next cycle. Probably, but not certainly, an extinction event for all life. At least for complex organisms - even survivors of the initial event will soon deplete food and energy resources, which will not be renewed. When the warming cycle begins, about 50,000 years later, there will likely be only unicellular organisms at the bottom of the oceans, or the deepest life-supporting geologic levels. The speed at which the turnover begins is really quite stunning - the last large mammals caught in the last sort of localized mini-glaciation before the current, soon-to-end, warming cycle, died with buttercups in their teeth. And the following warming event will be rather short - just thousands of years - followed by an eons-long series of increasingly lengthy cooling periods and short interglacials again. The sun will eventually expand enough to evaporate all the ice, and Earth will assume the relative orbit of Venus with respect to the photosphere, with equivalent weather. Sorry.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Despised that smug (Nye) fucker for years. My children will not be exposed to any of his science guy bullshit. Plenty of other ways to get children interested in science.
There's a series on cable TV called "Street Science" that's kind of entertaining.

flashguy

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks decent.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Bill Nye the dipshit guy

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
Claiming human activity is the primary cause for climate change is the ultimate in vanity.

Yep. I have been all over the world in my lifetime and seen the "wonders" and "changes" many a man has created and made over a long period of time, and how "nature" has negated those works in seconds, time and time again.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Yeah, but he has a bowtie! Roll Eyes

Tucker Carlson’s trademark was a bow tie for years until he got hired at Fox. I’m glad he ditched them for regular ties. Can’t stand them or that hump Nye.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
10 years ago today, Al Gore said that the North Pole ice cap would be gone, totally melted away, in five years. So, it should have melted twice over by now. And yet it's still there....

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-free-in-five-years/

In 1988, Ted Danson said the oceans would be "dead" in ten years.

Frauds like Gore and Nye, and useful idiots like Danson, keep putting out alarmist shit, and because the MSM is complicit, they are never called out.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Bill Nye is about as qualified to comment on this stuff as Captain Kangaroo.

[ Jim Gaffigan squeeky voice]
Hey ! I like captain Kangaroo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as a mechanical engineer, Nye is an embarrassment to the profession

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post