SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do with my truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with my truck Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I did get a quote from a Jasper dealer/installed. Same warranty as the Rock Auto but overall price is $5500 vs $3100. A lot of that is the labor charge difference. The Jasper place is a large multi-bay place and the other guy is a more of a 1 man operation who comes highly recommended. However, I will see about getting another quote from a different dealer.
It has been a while, so some of the details are a bit fuzzy, but when I needed a transmission for my 1995 Jimmy, I ordered one from Jasper and had it drop shipped to the independent shop that was doing all my vehicle service work at the time.

If memory serves, the labor charge was somewhere around $400 to $500 to do the installation. I had the vehicle for maybe ten years, and another 50,000 miles or so, no problems whatsoever with the transmission.

I'm pretty sure jasper will send your engine or trans wherever you want, but if it isnt one of their dealers they wont warranty it

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post