SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone post the Dawsonville, Ga. Morning story?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone post the Dawsonville, Ga. Morning story? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I cant do it with my phone. Folks need to show some respect and gratitude for their local LE as this Deputy's deed was simply typical of many. And a big thank you to the lady who stepped in.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A bit of detail would be helpful.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Deputy gave a ride to a guy, offered him some money help and the dude goes violent hitting the Deputy, going for his service weapon. A lady put a round into the bad guy. And thats what I call good news... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
http://www.11alive.com/article...-deputy/85-497045383

Bystander shoots man who was punching deputy
A bystander shot a man who was punching a sheriff's deputy during an altercation in Dawsonville Tuesday afternoon, police said.

DAWSONVILLE, Ga. – A woman is being hailed as a "Good Samaritan" and hero after shooting a suspect who was attacking a deputy - one who had just given the suspect a ride.

The Dawson County Sheriff's Office is investigating the altercation, which happened at a gas station on Georgia 400 in Dawsonville, Georgia around 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to authorities, Sgt. Randy Harkness gave someone a courtesy ride to a Chevron gas station on Georgia 400. But when the deputy tried to give the person money, that person began striking him in the head and face with a closed fist. Authorities said the suspect also tried to grab the deputy's gun.

But then, a woman later described by Sheriff Jeff Johnson as a "Good Samaritan," shot the suspect who ran off into the parking lot of an adjacent McDonald's restaurant as a result.

There, he began to assault an elderly woman. Other bystanders from the restaurant subdued the suspect until deputies were able to take him into custody.

The deputy and the suspect were taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Deputies could be seen in images taken by 11Alive News viewer Michael Hoynes surrounding the gas station.

The sheriff told 11Alive that Harkness is a 20-year veteran of law enforcement who is always going the extra mile to help his community.

"If you watch the video, I truthfully believe that she's a hero, I believe that she saved this officer's life," he said. "I don't know how far the suspect would have went with the assault. But once she intervened, she stopped the assault."

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
http://www.11alive.com/article...-deputy/85-497045383

For whatever reason, that local Dawson site has pulled their link. Not accessible.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...be-cop-killer-video/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Awesome Bill should be proud!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
They’re gonna start up the siren down at the pool hall.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good for the lady who shot him...it would have golden if the other lady at McDonalds had pulled her own CCW and further ventilated said douchbag...might be some kind of record Cool

The Deputy is a blessed man to be able to go home to his family Smile...I wish this was the case for all of our Law Enforcement officers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
They’re gonna start up the siren down at the pool hall.

Big Grin

I suspect the good samaritan will be getting free chili dogs for life.

Seriously, very glad this didn't turn into something much worse. It is a shame the POS survived.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for the apparent result, but I really want to know what the Good Samaritan was carrying and where he was hit. She shot him, he ran over to the nearby McDs and started assaulting someone else, and had to be subdued.

I know it's not the focus of the story, but sure makes me curious.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
She shot him in the leg. I don’t know if that was her intention or what she was shooting.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That gas station and McDonalds in in front of the Ingles I shop at.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post