SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video: Marines doing Marksmanship practice on USS Wasp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video: Marines doing Marksmanship practice on USS Wasp Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
GEN M3 PMAGs by Magpul Industries, manufactured and shipped from Cheyenne, WY.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
What pistols are they using?

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tac, Colt had a contract to produce the M45 CQB for the USMC. I think that’s what they are using in the video.

There are also M45 MEUSOC Frankenpistols, Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable). Doesn’t appear to to what they’re using on the Wasp

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

M45A1

Ironically, MARSOC uses the G19 like the rest of US SOF, leaving the old slab side to the Special-Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force guys and those who are nostalgic; the old MEU(SOC) 1911 are likely museum pieces by now. Meanwhile the rest of the USMC is transitioning to the Sig M17 & M18.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same here. In my 11 years active duty in Germany I spent a LOT of time on the range. Personal qualification, competition shooting, training replacements, etc, we NEVER used hearing protection of any kind. And the price was paid. Forced to use hearing aids for probably 20 years now.

Things change.

When I was with the 3ID, part of our uniform was to have hearing protection in the little plastic box with the chain suspended from the pocket flap button on the left breast pocket of our BDUs.

This was done not only for firing, but because of the turbines in the tanks, the noise of the Brads, and the turbines on the helicopters.

It was done as part of the CG general orders.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Those M2's make me smile

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What's with the long 25mm burst? Army does (or did) Sensing round, sensing round, 3-round burst, 3-round burst. Oddly, the noise from the 25mm in the turret isn't bad with CVCs on.

We did the earplug case/button hole thing too. Good times. Army said my hearing improved after seven years in mech infantry. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FREEDOM !

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

M45A1

Ironically, MARSOC uses the G19 like the rest of US SOF, leaving the old slab side to the Special-Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force guys and those who are nostalgic; the old MEU(SOC) 1911 are likely museum pieces by now. Meanwhile the rest of the USMC is transitioning to the Sig M17 & M18.

Thank you TMats and Corsair.

For all the modern stuff around, I'd still like to be carrying a double stack .45ACP. The last handgun I bought was a .45ACP H&K - I had to cancel it before it was delivered because of the handgun ban. At that time I already had five Colts - M1911 and A1s, and the SIG P220.

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post