SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OneDrive Excel works on my tablet but not my laptop. Help please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OneDrive Excel works on my tablet but not my laptop. Help please Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Have made some spreadsheets on my Samsung tablet using Excel, and have them saved to OneDrive.

I can open the files on my laptop, (Lenovo Flex 5, but I doubt that matters) but all functionality is shut off. The highlighted prompt wants me to choose either the 30 day trial or purchase MS Office.

As an amateur cheapskate, I don't want to pay for something if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It is essentially a trial version of O365.
You need to either buy a version or perhaps try an alternative program.
Some may actually be free and depending on your requirements one may work fine.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can purchase an MS Office 2016 Pro version license key on Ebay very cheap. Like less than $15 cheap!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a gmail account you should be able to use their spreadsheet edit app. Basically send a copy of the Excel file to your gmail email. Open and save it to the cloud drive, edit using the spreadsheet app.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
LibreOffice is free, does everything that I need.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Isn't Office Online free anymore? I have all the apps (word, Excel, etc.) and 25 GB of space, all free.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Good replies and info worth looking into.
If or when I get this sorted out I'll try to remember to post what worked here.

posted Hide Post
I have to save a copy of the file onto the device I’m using in order to get full functionality

That’s even with a full license through work

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
You can purchase an MS Office 2016 Pro version license key on Ebay very cheap. Like less than $15 cheap!

Not legit, of course a lot of people are not into legal now days. Frown

Might as well promote shopping from the guy in the parking lot from the trunk of his car. Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
To update:
The issue is currently resolved after downloading Office Online to my laptop.

Seems to work just dandy so far.
Thank you all-