SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California Olive Ranch “Arbequina” – all gone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Olive Ranch “Arbequina” – all gone? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Nearly three weeks ago I poured the last third of a bottle of California Olive Ranch “Arbequina” EVOO into my cruet, and ordered another bottle via Amazon. It’s excellent stuff.

Shortly thereafter I received notice that a shipping label had been created: “Shipment information sent to FedEx”. But nothing thereafter. I’m suspecting that this EVOO is a victim of the CA wildfires. If your retailer has some, I recommend that you grab it!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’ve not had the brand you ordered. I used to get http://www.thecaliforniaolive.com at a local farmers market when I lived in the people’s republic. I remember their EVOO being very good, but their balsamics are to die for. They have good flavored ones, but I prefer their plain ol’ 18 year balsamic.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
From their website, it doesn't look like their farms were affected by the fires. Olives are grown in the central valley, which isn't near Napa or Sonoma counties, and doesn't even come close to the fire areas in SoCal. Maybe it's just extremely popular or some other environmental issue caused a shortage.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think people forget that California is a pretty big state. It's wondering if a fire in Georgia would affect a farm in North Carolina.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
From their website, it doesn't look like their farms were affected by the fires. Olives are grown in the central valley, which isn't near Napa or Sonoma counties, and doesn't even come close to the fire areas in SoCal. Maybe it's just extremely popular or some other environmental issue caused a shortage.

Thanks! Based on that info, I just sent a query to the seller via the Amazon app. Amazon will also get a copy of it. The Amazon app is simply excellent.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You guys need to get out more often. Walmart carries it: Big Grin

https://www.walmart.com/search...d=california%20olive

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You guys need to get out more often. Walmart carries it: Big Grin

https://www.walmart.com/search...d=california%20olive

Congrats on 10K posts!

Serious about crackers