SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tarantula...burger?? Arachnophobes, turn back now.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tarantula...burger?? Arachnophobes, turn back now. Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
No, it can't be. This crosses the line. How could anyone have an appetite? And does it come with flies...I mean, fries?

Yes, it's real...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
There is an ass for every seat.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the comments: "Comes with Tide Pod for dessert." Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Lol.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
"Seth Gross , owner of Bull City Burger and Brewery...."

Well of course.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than an extra pair of legs, how is it so different than lobster, crab, crawdads, etc? All bugs of one form or another.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Other than an extra pair of legs, how is it so different than lobster, crab, crawdads, etc? All bugs of one form or another.

You downplay the extra pair of legs... I submit that is entirely the point. Those extra legs make it a spider.

And a furry spider at that.

Nope nope nope.

And I don’t even have a spider issue like many here do.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I will never be that hungry.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I will never be that hungry.
I hope I will never be....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

Quite a difference in eating lobster compared to a spider in my opinion.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's not the extra legs, it's that big, bulbous abdomen. It's just plump with Evil.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
Couldn't imagine eating one of those let alone even holding it.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Couldn't imagine eating one of those let alone even holding it.
I might could be talked into holding one for a short time, but I don't want to eat one. (They are reputed to be fairly docile with humans.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ They are cool to hold. They're big enough that's it's pretty much like holding a small animal.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost a bet and ate a tarantula back in 2011 when I was living in Cambodia. It was fucked up. Luckily the guy I lost the bet to was kind enough to let me slam Angkor beers for an hour before eating the spider.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Apparently tarantula became a food resource under the oppression of the Khmer Rouge, and lingers today as part of their cuisine. Hunger can make you do strange things, I guess.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As a last resort alternative to dying of starvation, I might consider eating a giant spider. But in many parts of the world, even today, people do pretty much live this way, only being able to eat what they can grow or catch.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post