SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Simple medical tape or bandaids are adequate for the nips

For the crotch or armpits, there’s Glide, Aquafor, or plain ol petroleum jelly

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
As my daughter posted on social media: "Lets run 13.1 miles around Walt Disney World because no trip to Disney is complete until someone cries."

Or pukes...

Good luck, no danger of losing your man card. Running a half marathon is something most men can't do.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Good luck Dino, can't wait to hear the story of big day!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Anytime you spend quality time with your daughter elevates your man card to gold status.

Platinum if you wear the dress.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
I shared your post with my daughter who works at Disney World -- she's Cinderella (one of them anyway!).

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Platinum if you wear the dress.

Well hold on now. I don't know about all of that. Dressing as a mouse is one thing. But dressing like a princess? Not this daddy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Sigmund. Spending time with your kids is the best thing ever. One of my close friends is running the half with another of her friends.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:

I retired last August after nearly 40 years as a cop and since then have lost 20 lbs and sorta/kinda prepared for this half marathon event.

I salute you, Old Dino. First, for your service that often goes unthanked, and second for stepping up for your daughter.

I ran with my daughter on her first 5K. I kept to her pace, not mine. I ran with her on her first 10-miler, but this time we ran our own races (I came in before her).

Just an hour ago, my barber asked me if I was retired. No, I told him, I actually work two jobs: one full-time, one part-time. His response was that was probably why I still look so energetic.

This is me holding my medal for my eighth marathon, the 2010 Marine Corps 35th Anniversary Marathon.

P.S. Disney's medals are the best!!!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Your man card is completely safe. Smile It is awesome that you and your daughter can bond over this experience.

Disney puts on a great running experience so you all should have a great time.

I went to a work conference and by happenstance I arrived the day they were holding a marathon. I checked in and could see the runners going past from my window.

I don't mean to sound egotistical but I them go by and thought - wait if those people can run a marathon so could I.

I ran my first in 2012 - the Marine Corps Marathon. I have runs 8 since. My last was also the Marine Corps Marathon last Oct., where I qualified for Boston for the second time.

I qualified for the 2018 Boston Marathon at Las Vegas and will be running Boston this April - my first Boston Marathon.

Careful, running can be addicting. Smile

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
good luck and have fun.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, have fun, you get full man card status for being involved with your daughter - as a dad should. I always thought running around Walt Disney World would be a great time. Run/walk all you want, keep hydrated and have some simple fuel along the way.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I ran a marathon once.
once.
I was twenty.
my feet and knees are still hurting.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The only thing I question is running in Florida heat and humidity...

Since it was this morning and there's no news, I'm assuming you've died.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Wait, your going to run a half marathon, with your beautiful, smart daughter. Who just happens to be proud of you and wanting to show you off, and brag about you?
Hell, you need a bigger Man Card.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ I'm happy that Orguss's assumption is incorrect.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Awesome story! Good luck and have lotsa fun!

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The only thing I question is running in Florida heat and humidity...

Since it was this morning and there's no news, I'm assuming you've died.

I don’t know about Orlando this time of year, but Pensacola wasn’t a lot of fun for runs in the summer...

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
I qualified for the 2018 Boston Marathon at Las Vegas and will be running Boston this April - my first Boston Marathon.

Old Dino, congrats on your race. Sounds like it was a bit warm!

Chance, set aside a few dollars to spend at the Expo. Those Boston jackets aren't cheap!!!!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I apologize if this is too much of a drift, but a Georgia woman lost a locket with her daughter's ashes during the run.

http://whotv.com/2018/02/26/wo...-was-lost-at-disney/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post