SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Springtime All. It's here.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Springtime All. It's here. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Spring got here at 6:29 AM this morning. Predicted rains are on their way, it's warming up to 60 degrees. Does the West coast have to wait 3 hours? Anyhow, I never knew the time keepers had the change of seasons figured out right down to a minute.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Yay! Looking forward to it...but not the gnats ticks and mosquitos. Just walking in the backyard I had to keep my ears and eyes covered to be free of the swarming gnats.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Maybe on the calendar. Out the window, not so much.

Most, if not all, of April is still winter here.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
And then it's 'mud season'.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It was 91 here Friday. And the vultures have returned from wintering in mexico. The mesquite and pecan trees are budding out. It's spring here, for sure.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Whew, 91 is a bit warm for Spring.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
And then it's 'mud season'.... Wink

Followed by the "black fly season." I really hated that.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to mowing grass!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Was 83 in western Missouri yesterday. Saw a college girl in a bikini.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Maybe where you guys are....

Here at noon temp was 30 and everything had a light coating of fresh white crap on it Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been 90F+ for the last 7-8 days here!! This is waaaaay to early for these kind of temps, but here they are. Shorts and tee shirts.....also evap coolers as the humidity is very low!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Super glad its here.
I will be ready for good Friday,my tomatoes are growing nicely in the green house
I am staggering them more this year,got some six inches tall and have planted from first of February ,weekly.
When they sprout I plant four more dozen.
I have about 250 up in several stages of growth.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Your bee season will start soon wont it 45Cal?

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
But... but... Its winter for Poland and France...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Your bee season will start soon wont it 45Cal?

Will not be much of a season this year David.
Clayton county Georgia declared war on the zeka virus last summer.
That shit they sprayed thru out the county from trucks kill off most everything .The skeeters are still here.
Matter of fact even after they sprayed I had to spray OFF just to sit on the patio in the evenings.
They got 13 hives in my back yard and 4 about a mile south of my home.
Gonna really hurt me this year,I always counted on the bees to pollinate my tomatoes.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post