SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any G37 2012 Sedan Rotor & Pad kits out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any G37 2012 Sedan Rotor & Pad kits out there? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I know I can stop by piece it together at auto zone or rock auto. But I'm super lazy right now. It's just the sedan model. (Not journey or X)

Need to do the pads on my car. By the look & feel the rotors could probably be changed while I'm in there. Don't need super slotted/cross drilled fancy racing gear. Just some Any kits out there for a one stop show that aren't highway robbery? If I wanted to get robbed I'd take it to a brake show or the stealer ship. Smile

Thanks crew!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who supplies Nissan/Infiniti's OEM parts? Denso? Akibono? Aisin?

Go to Rockauto.com and look for pads and rotors, sometimes as a kit. Also, look at Nissan wholesale parts suppliers if you want factory parts.

How many miles on the car? Do you need rotors yet? Pads and rotors are one of the easiest to install and one of the highest markup at the dealer. I'd guess you could get pads and rotors for under $250 (parts) and the dealer would charge $500 or more.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Who supplies Nissan/Infiniti's OEM parts? Denso? Akibono? Aisin?

Go to Rockauto.com and look for pads and rotors, sometimes as a kit. Also, look at Nissan wholesale parts suppliers if you want factory parts.

How many miles on the car? Do you need rotors yet? Pads and rotors are one of the easiest to install and one of the highest markup at the dealer. I'd guess you could get pads and rotors for under $250 (parts) and the dealer would charge $500 or more.

I'm not sure who does OEM. I've got 80K miles on it. At a glace I'm pretty sure I need new back rotors. I can tell they are worn. But like you said. They are so easy to install. For $50-$70 worth the rotor on front & back. I'll just do them while I'm in there.

It's not hard work. Just dirty work.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I always piece together what I want.

Power Stop makes a kit with rotors and pads. Put them on a friends car and they worked fine.

I think this is the basic kit front and rear of your car but you need to check.

POWER STOP KOE114

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Tire Rack is a decent one stop shop. Most times you can get free shipping on brake components.

Brembo Blank Rotors are excellent and Centric cryo rotors have served me well in the past. They might even have brembo pads for them, which are a good choice for daily drivers.

Otherwise Akebono are also excellent pads for street use.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to jack this thread, but when you do it, tell me how you get those rotors off! I have a 2010 X sedan. Been afraid to take a hammer to them, for fear of them not coming off and disabling my car.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you've gotten 80k miles out of the OEM and are happy with their performance. I'd be inclined to put OEM back on their.

I have EBC solid rotors and EBC green pads on all 4 corners of my expedition and have been very happy with them in all aspects.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Here is a simple EBC kit if you are so inclined.
Decent price.
https://www.carid.com/2012-inf...ake-kit-4208516.html

But for a plain old DD I would hit up NAPA and get their rotors and pads.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
When I had my Altimas, I was a fan of Centric for rotors & pads or... believe it or not... Autozone’s Duralast Gold rotors.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I had good luck with the PowerStop rotors, but have used others as well. While not crossdrilled they do have rotary slots as I recall, but they never warped on me. Of course not going to turn them either, but for me they are a disposable. Had a 2003 and/or 2007 G35 through last year.

One word of advice - check the lug torque and do NOT exceed the spec. I think it's low at ~80 or 88#, but anything more than that and they will almost certainly warp. It's a chronic known issue with the platform, so much so that if you have wheels/tires mounted by a shop it's worth the time to jack up, loosen and re-torque if you can't absolutely trust that they keep t to spec.

Don't listen to Jimmy - nobody has ever gotten 80K out of the front rotors on that car. Rears, maybe. Enjoy - an incredible value in sports sedan.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
I don't want to jack this thread, but when you do it, tell me how you get those rotors off! I have a 2010 X sedan. Been afraid to take a hammer to them, for fear of them not coming off and disabling my car.

In all fairness every rotor I've ever removed. Needed just a little bit of "help" to decide it wanted to be removed. Don't have to take running swing at it. Just a few hits around the edges of it.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Looks like this Centrics kit will get me all the way around for $204.

Anyone have experience with this brand?

https://www.carid.com/2012-inf...e-kit-207507856.html

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
These will get me there @ $200 as well.

Good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=AZ5F8Y2OJVX1W&psc=1

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
When I had my Altimas, I was a fan of Centric for rotors & pads or... believe it or not... Autozone’s Duralast Gold rotors.

-Rob

Emphasis added. Wink

Don't know about eLine.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:

In all fairness every rotor I've ever removed. Needed just a little bit of "help" to decide it wanted to be removed. Don't have to take running swing at it. Just a few hits around the edges of it.

Someone here I believe first pointed me toward this method. It is not without risk since the disk can break, but if you've gotten to the point where penetrant and banging around the perimeter of rotor hasn't worked, worth a shot. Using two spreads force somewhat better than one.

Youtube of bolt-spacer-breaker

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is there not a tapped hole in the hub face of the rotor???
I have not wacked a rotor in years. All I have had recently have the threaded holes. Just put in a bolt and ratchet till it pops. Easy peasy.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
These will get me there @ $200 as well.

Good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=AZ5F8Y2OJVX1W&psc=1

Just remember when you do slotted rotors, there are a left and right, front and rear. They are usually labled.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I had good luck with the PowerStop rotors, but have used others as well. While not crossdrilled they do have rotary slots as I recall, but they never warped on me. Of course not going to turn them either, but for me they are a disposable. Had a 2003 and/or 2007 G35 through last year.

One word of advice - check the lug torque and do NOT exceed the spec. I think it's low at ~80 or 88#, but anything more than that and they will almost certainly warp. It's a chronic known issue with the platform, so much so that if you have wheels/tires mounted by a shop it's worth the time to jack up, loosen and re-torque if you can't absolutely trust that they keep t to spec.

Don't listen to Jimmy - nobody has ever gotten 80K out of the front rotors on that car. Rears, maybe. Enjoy - an incredible value in sports sedan.

???? The OP stated he has 80k miles on his brakes in post #3.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

???? The OP stated he has 80k miles on his brakes in post #3.

Aye captain. I should have used fore and aft and #butthurtmuch.