SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dollar Shave Club vs. Harry's Razors?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dollar Shave Club vs. Harry's Razors? Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
I have been using Dollar Shave Club, for few months now, and I am not so impressed with them, has anyone tried/used Harry's razors, and if so what do you think of them?

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using Harry’s for several years now. I really like them. Their blades seem to last well.

Among multi blade razors, they give me the best shave of any that I have tried. If you catch one of their offers, they ship you a razor and a blade, maybe two for $3.00 and change to cover shipping.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve used both

Which ever is best for your face

I’ve gone electric with a few Harry’s blades in reserve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
DSC shaved closer but I liked the handle for the Harry’s better.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Dorco on Amazon.

Dorco

South Korean.

When you're ready to move beyond the Harry Dollar.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Dorco on Amazon.

Dorco

South Korean.

When you're ready to move beyond the Harry Dollar.

Dorco makes all of DSC’s stuff.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I wasn't impressed with Harry's. They didn't last for me. I've been using Schick Hydro 5 for the last couple of years. I'm satisfied with them.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Since I retired I only shave once or twice a week. I've been using DSC for a few years & they do just as good of a job of scraping the hair off my face as the Mach3s that I used to use; and at a MUCH better price.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used Dorco for years and just switched to Harry's. I believe the Harry's blades are better quality. I used a Harry's blade for 10 shaves and then used a Dorco for 5 and could tell the Harry's was better.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I've used both extensively and much prefer Harry's. I've used Harry's daily for the last couple years.

I could not get a close shave with DSC.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Dorco makes all of DSC’s stuff.

I went straight to the source - without all the marketing hype and it's associated expense.

And saved money.

Caught a 50% off sale and have enough handles and blades to last until well after I die.

Just passing on the inside lane.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Tried DSC for about a year. Tried Harry's. Canceled DSC and have been using Harry's for the last 2 years. Easier than stocking blades from the store and better quality shave for me than DSC or the Mach 3's I was using prior.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Tried both. Wasn't impressed with either. Of the two, Harrys was better, but still not great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
what don't you like about the DSC blades??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the disposable Bic razors that are sold by the bag. They are cheap and work well.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post