SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday morning 'Sexual preference' was normal term. By lunch dems denounced it. Media wrote about it. By bedtime definition changed by dictionary.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday morning 'Sexual preference' was normal term. By lunch dems denounced it. Media wrote about it. By bedtime definition changed by dictionary. Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Give her some slack, She must be distracted with worry that Hawaii is going to tip over next.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Leave it to crazy Mazie.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Give her some slack, She must be distracted with worry that Hawaii is going to tip over next.

Hopefully Hank is with her when it does! Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
This makes me sick. You can't even trust Webster's now? Goddamn!

"Now?" Merriam-Webster has been doing this for a couple years or so. I no longer refer to Webster for anything.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
My God, this is truly Orwellian.

Yeah man...this is some pretty crazy shit.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to have to man-up and buy a printed copy (probably the final printed copy, according to Oxford House) of the OED. Pretty sure they won't have the balls to actually break into my house to revise the history of the English language.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
My God, this is truly Orwellian.

Yeah man...this is some pretty crazy shit.

It's crazy and just plain dumb.

I'm heterosexual. My sexual preference is women. I'm sure my gay friends who are male have a sexual preference for men. It is utterly stupid to suggest that saying so is 'offensive' to anyone, anywhere.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
One of the morning Fox political commentator guests at interview today, advised she was in fact gay, and did not regard Mazie's pronouncement as being accurate nor representative of her interest group.

Sorry I lost track of her name.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mazie is just crying out "WITCH!"

-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Last night, Tucker Carlson played videos of Biden using the phrase “sexual preference” repeatedly during this campaign.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Has Hirono, or any other fascist, stated why this is offensive to them?

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Yes, they claim that by saying a person has a sexual preference rather than a sexual orientation that you are implying that being homosexual is a choice. It's absurd, and no one ever implied that and no one ever complained about using the term sexual preference until it was made up to attack ACB in the hearings.

The media immediately published stories backing up the false claim that the term was offensive and the social justice warriors at Webster's changed the definition to state that it was 'offensive'. The coordination and speed that the left works with on stuff like this is amazing.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Yes, they claim that by saying a person has a sexual preference rather than a sexual orientation that you are implying that being homosexual is a choice....

Thanks, BamaJeepster. I agree, it is absurd, but what about the Left isn't? Smile

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Yes, because, Donald Trump....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... 'common-sense' when applied to gun control laws is offensive, as it implies the opponent of gun-grabbing have no common sense.

So, Merriam-Webster now being in the business of guiding language away from offending, when do they add 'meaningless when applied by progressives' as a definition of "common sense"?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The coordination and speed that the left works with on stuff like this is amazing.

They operate like the Borg.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Hmmm.... 'common-sense' when applied to gun control laws is offensive, as it implies the opponent of gun-grabbing have no common sense.

So, Merriam-Webster now being in the business of guiding language away from offending, when do they add 'meaningless when applied by progressives' as a definition of "common sense"?

Goebbels lives.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Yes, because, Donald Trump....

Orange man bad.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
{thread drift}

I'm really tired of hearing about other people's sexuality. I have found MY sexuality to be quite interesting, but no fucks are given about YOUR sexuality as long as it doesn't involve minors or dogs.

The people across the street have a huge rainbow flag waiving in the wind. Does anyone else really give a red rat's ass?

I don't think so.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
{thread drift}

I'm really tired of hearing about other people's sexuality. . . The people across the street have a huge rainbow flag waiving in the wind. Does anyone else really give a red rat's ass?

I don't think so.

Some years ago a leader of the LGBT movement in CA commented along the lines that they wanted gov't force to punish anyone who would express moral disapproval in a public setting.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post