SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday morning 'Sexual preference' was normal term. By lunch dems denounced it. Media wrote about it. By bedtime definition changed by dictionary.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday morning 'Sexual preference' was normal term. By lunch dems denounced it. Media wrote about it. By bedtime definition changed by dictionary. Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
That's how fast this nonsense spreads.

ACB uses term. Batshit insane Mazie Hirono pretends that it's 'offensive'. Media jumps on the bandwagon without doing any research, where they would have seen democrat politicians and normal people using the term regularly, and the SJW dictionary people change the definition to say it's offensive...All within hours. Insane!

https://i.imgur.com/yXN5lxKl.png

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
These people are losing their minds. Sadly I can’t think of an easy way to fix it.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's right out of Nineteen Eighty Four Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Someday, the word rational will be deemed offensive.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Someday, the word rational will be deemed offensive.

Seems to me a double standard. Liberals are going berserk in finding ways to be offended. But many liberals are guilty of the same flavor of offense, but in the reverse direction, and consider such a non-issue.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Rational" has already been called "racist."

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
The war on language has been going on for quite some time. When we decided to home school our children the only dictionary we used for literary purposes was Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary.

Noah Webster 1828

Obviously we had to use other resources for items invented after 1828, but for writing you can't do much better.

There is an online version as well.

Link

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, as if there we no important things to worry about.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm watching now. It's hilarious that Hirono is READING her questions, ACB's notes are blank. The senator from HI is a moron.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'm watching now. It's hilarious that Hirono is READING her questions, ACB's notes are blank. The senator from HI is a moron.

Truly. It's amazing that someone like her can get elected to the U.S. Senate.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The dictionary is getting smaller every year. What a brave new world.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
These people are losing their minds. Sadly I can’t think of an easy way to fix it.

Lobotomy

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My God, this is truly Orwellian. The word preference does not presume a person chooses what he or she likes, or in this instance, that he or she is gay or not. Your preference is your preference. My preference for example is that I don't like caramel. I didn't choose that; it's just my preference. And now we're taking our cues on the English language from this legitimate imbecile Hirono? It's pathetic. Frankly, it's insane.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Drain the Swamp.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well then they need to change the term Dic-tionary, since it's infuring that the contents are mansplaining words

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This makes me sick. You can't even trust Webster's now? Goddamn!

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Lobotomy

Via select calibers................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
My God, this is truly Orwellian. . . .

I don't know if Orwell was religious. But Orwell was prophetic.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I finished reading 1984 a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly, they constantly pared down the dictionary so that, when necessary, there were fewer words whose definitions needed updating from the Ministry of Truth.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I finished reading 1984 a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly, they constantly pared down the dictionary so that, when necessary, there were fewer words whose definitions needed updating from the Ministry of Truth.

As Obi-Wan said, what is truth depends on your point of view. And as Goebbels said, if you tell a lie big enough and often enough, the people will believe it.