SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Masterpiece cake shop under fire again.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masterpiece cake shop under fire again. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
What's the gist?

Not watching a 6:00 video to find out.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
What's the gist?

Trans woman is wanting a conversion cake. Pink cake with blue icing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/col...-sued-discrimination

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Recent sex change participant requests cake to celebrate desiring blue outside pink center. Owner of cake shop refuses based on religious beliefs. Same store owner perviously sued by male/male couple desiring wedding cake. Same owner refused based on religious beliefs. Owner won court case....

edited: looks like Floyd beat me with a news link.

Floyd, could you please nuke all the "--" from your signature and replace with HR inside [brackets]? Doing so would create this:

And eliminate the post blowing out the margins.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And they're dumb enough to try it again?

(Rhetorical question)

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Seriously, do they not have better things to do with their time?

If I was celebrating getting my dick chopped off and a slit inserted with massive amounts of hormones pumped through my veins, then I would be looking to relax, chill and spend time with those I care about vs trying to fight a cake shop. Seems to me if all you have looked forward to you whole life was a giant party to celebrate your rebirth than you would want it to be completely drama free. You'd be able to tell an awesome story about selecting a cake artist that was 110% on board with putting his artistic efforts into you cake and forever being part of your super awesome celebration. IT would be a story you told your friends, grandchildren (if possible?), neighbors, coworkers, random people on the street, etc.

Why in the hell would someone want to say that purchasing their cake cost $463,000, involved three years of their time, six lawyers, TV interviews, law enforcement interviews, stress, loss of time, etc.?

All this in hopes of getting legal fees back and sticking it to the 'man' (a local businessman that wants to be able to provide for his family and live by the tenets of his religion).

Really why bother? Why not just say that sucks, #1 choice doesn't support my life style, it sucks, but I will go across the street and have 2nd cake shop choice make the perfect pink and blue cake to celebrate my dick chopping ceremony? Maybe my judgement is clouded by being a sis-gendered white male, but damn that seems like way too much effort just to stop a guy from spending his free speech/artistic capital on celebrations he supports. Damn I wish I had that kind of free time and unlimited resources...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And they're dumb enough to try it again?

(Rhetorical question)
You are aware that they likely would have won their case had the state of Colorado not waded in and screwed up so bad. Masterpiece won the first case, but it was not an overwhelming win (much to my personal disappointment).

This particular lawsuit I find utterly absurd. A seriously mentally ill 'man' opted to have 'his' twig and berries lobbed off, and this bat shit crazy whacko is pissed because somebody wouldn't make 'him' a cake to celebrate his act of self mutilation. Rather than an attorney taking this case, someone from social services should have offered 'him' a jacket that tied at the back and a whole lotta mental health counseling.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Recent sex change participant requests cake to celebrate desiring blue outside pink center.

Tranny or not, we are all sorta pink on the inside.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

If I was celebrating getting my dick chopped off and a slit inserted with massive amounts of hormones pumped through my veins, then I would be looking to relax, chill and spend time with those I care about vs trying to fight a cake shop. Seems to me if all you have looked forward to you whole life was a giant party to celebrate your rebirth than you would want it to be completely drama free. You'd be able to tell an awesome story about selecting a cake artist that was 110% on board with putting his artistic efforts into you cake and forever being part of your super awesome celebration. IT would be a story you told your friends, grandchildren (if possible?), neighbors, coworkers, random people on the street, etc.

Why in the hell would someone want to say that purchasing their cake cost $463,000, involved three years of their time, six lawyers, TV interviews, law enforcement interviews, stress, loss of time, etc.?

All this in hopes of getting legal fees back and sticking it to the 'man' (a local businessman that wants to be able to provide for his family and live by the tenets of his religion).

Really why bother? Why not just say that sucks, #1 choice doesn't support my life style, it sucks, but I will go across the street and have 2nd cake shop choice make the perfect pink and blue cake to celebrate my dick chopping ceremony? Maybe my judgement is clouded by being a sis-gendered white male, but damn that seems like way too much effort just to stop a guy from spending his free speech/artistic capital on celebrations he supports. Damn I wish I had that kind of free time and unlimited resources...

They do it for the attention. Same reason why they go after the cake shop.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
More of our FREAKS acting up again!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
What's the gist?

Trans woman is wanting a conversion cake. Pink cake with blue icing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/col...-sued-discrimination
Linky no worky.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Like learn how to bake? Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For a group of people they say they want to be left alone and the government out of their bedroom, they sure can't seem to leave this guy alone and out of his bakery. Seems like a counter case for harassment.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...nation-emily-zanotti

https://www.gofundme.com/masterpiece-cakeshop

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should deliver a pie

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post