SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Another proud dad moment, Update at top
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Another proud dad moment, Update at top Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Update:

Well, my daughter ended up with the highest score on her team and their team came in 4th place. Mist important, she had fun and represented the club well. I'm proud that she was invited to shoot and was not intimidated to be shooting with/against adults.

This weekend Copper Star in Camp Verde is hosting a team tournament. It's an open tournament meaning there's no age, gender or equipment divisions. The pro staff from our shop is sending a mens team and a ladies team.

One of the ladies had to drop at the last minute. Well they asked our daughter if she would shoot with the team this weekend. So our 12 year old daughter is going to go shoot with the big dogs this weekend.

To say that I'm honored that they think enough of our daughter to invite her onto the team with the adults is an understatement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
You have every right to be proud of her!!

Pass my congratulations on to her for her spectacular performances.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I love hearing about your daughter.

Congratulations to her and to you.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy reading about her accomplishments. You and your wife have done a great job. Ever consider writing a "How To" book? Wink

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Excellent. She'll do great.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Maya.
Knock 'em dead!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You sure she's only 12? hahahahahahahaha

Seriously, this selection is quite an honor for such a young lady.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Roll Maya. Stick'em good!!!

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Achievement after achievement, may it never end!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So she's literally playing on a pro team? Cool

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
ou and your wife have done a great job. Ever consider writing a "How To" book?

Indeed you have! We could write the op-ed if needed.

Good luck!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! We will be waiting for the report...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Looking forwards to see how well she does.

I'm beginning to think Maya is a 24 years old in a 12 year old's body.

Go Maya!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
It sure sounds like she's earned it.
Think about how few of her peers will ever know that feeling.
You are doing a great job raising a great young woman.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Not one damn word or a bet from any one of them, I hope. Big Grin She's moved from 5s to 20s. Next stop, US Grant. The 50 spot. Cool

I hope she learns double her score.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to a update tomorrow. Very cool that she is that well respected.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!!

You GO, girl Big Grin
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post