SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Agenda Survey?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Agenda Survey? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Allegedly from the RNC. Signed by Ronna McDaniel, Chairwoman.

Anybody else get one in the mail? Seems legit, but I'm skeptical of ANY political mail.

Reading through it, I come the the punchline: Send us money. Even if you don't want to contribute to the RNC they want you to send $15 to "cover processing".

I'm thinking phuquem, but I'm willing to listen to arguments for sending it in.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Use it for tinder or for toilet paper

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't ask for too much personal information and has a postage-paid envelope, it couldn't hurt to fill it out and send it back, I suppose. But I usually shit-can political mailings without even opening them.

Posts: 27960 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I get 1-3 e-mails every day from Team Trump, the Donald himself, Gingrich, Pence, somebody, wanting to make sure I knew I was a big shot, would I sign up to have dinner with the President on the 28th, could he count on me, etc.

It's all part of the deal he is the master of.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
If anything in life is certain, it is that any correspondence from any politician, political committee, or political advocacy group is solely about fundraising. They can dress it up however they want but they only reason they are contacting you is to get money from you.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
If anything in life is certain, it is that any correspondence from any politician, political committee, or political advocacy group is solely about fundraising. They can dress it up however they want but they only reason they are contacting you is to get money from you.

And the necessary corollary: any response to a fund-raising letter or e-mail by any political group or politician will result in your contacts being sold to another political group. I keep telling my wife that, and she still reads the stuff.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The last few I received didn't have postage paid reply envelopes. They are tossed in the trash now.

I think someone, other than myself, has been sending them back with personal messages.

Could I be so lucky that they aren't going to send me any more?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
As stated above, a fund raiser, bless their hearts and I wish them well. I started a fire with it to cook beaniesand weenies.

Posts: 6394 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
As stated above, a fund raiser, bless their hearts and I wish them well. I started a fire with it to cook beaniesand weenies.

That's what I thought. Filed accordingly.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get a letter from the RNC asking for money I reply that I will contribute when McCain is no longer in office!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
When I get a letter from the RNC asking for money I reply that I will contribute when McCain is no longer in office!

Last one I got, I wrote on it that I wouldn't donate anything until they got behind Trump. Haven't heard anything since.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post