SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter & Archery - getting ready for the Arizona Cup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter & Archery - getting ready for the Arizona Cup Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted

Kind of cool, our daughter last night practicing next to her friend, mentor and this year's US Indoor National Champion, Cooper French.

The Arizona Cup starts on Thursday and runs through the weekend. It's the first big outdoor tournament of the season and it's one of the four qualifying tournaments for the US National Archery Team. Our daughter will be shooting a full age division up since the 16 and under is the lowest age division at a USAT tournament. She wanted me to drop her off at the range on my way into work last night so she could some practice in.

So my daughter had a question for my wife last night, "Who's my lifeline this weekend?" You see, I'm on the judging staff, my wife is announcing on the east field, her best friend's dad who's a coach for our club is judging, our club's director will be in Paris, TX for a 3D shoot, and her own coach is running the scoring for USA Archery.

So we found yet another reason we're glad our daughter is involved in archery, the extended and expanded archery family. We've always had the local archery family for support, but now with her competing on a national level, that family has expanded. During the Dream Team Selection Camp last November, she made really good friends with Sara, an archer from Colorado who shoots in the same division. Sara's mom has offered to adopt our daughter for the tournament this weekend.

With so much caddyness and downright bitchiness we see from some of the girls in the competitive divisions, it's nice to see our daughter and Sara be have a friendship while competing against each other.

For those wanting to follow, she's shooting the Female Cadet Compound Division. Qualification rounds for her will be on Saturday and eliminations on Sunday.

https://www.betweenends.com/tournament/79

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to your daughter. Happiness is the sound of arrows slapping together in a tiny little group.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh NO, she's not using her ASSAULT BOW and HIGH CAPACITY quiver, is she? Big Grin

Kidding aside, good luck!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Maya. And most of all, ENJOY!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
You GO girl!

We'll be following along and rooting for you Wink

Most of all, have fun!
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Shoot straight and true, Maya!

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Maya!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
All the best Maya! (And Dad)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6312 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Maya!!!

Gig 'Em.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love these posts. give me hope for the world actually.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post