SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Walmart Ozark Trail tumbler scarcity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walmart Ozark Trail tumbler scarcity Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
Every different Walmart I go to in this past year seems to never have the Ozark Trail tumblers. It occurred to me today that these things may be being 'neckbearded' (like .22LR ammo), and sold elsewhere like eBay.

Is that even possibly true?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I scored a pair about 8 months ago from my local Walmart. For 8.00 they are hard to beat, keep up your quest, you will find them.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those that have home-based vinyl businesses scoop them up by the car load to fill personalized orders. Also, if you are lucky, you'll find an uncommon color instock. In that case, yes, people are buying them to resell on ebay.

My wife orders 300 at a time for her business and can't keep them in stock. In bulk, she pays $6 each. She just had an order for 75 come in, but only has 60 cups. She just came back from Walmart with more cups.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
they are 6 dollars now at wally world pre-tax. I think the market is flooded but you might find someone to buy them at a higher price.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Just go online and order and have them shipped for free to your nearest WalMart. That is how I got my first two.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oza...FieldId=actual_color

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Just go online and order and have them shipped for free to your nearest WalMart. That is how I got my first two.

^^^^
That's even easier than what I was going to suggest. My local Walmart has tons of 'em, for what it's worth.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

^^^^
That's even easier than what I was going to suggest. My local Walmart has tons of 'em, for what it's worth.

Same here, my local Walmart always has them in stock.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
My local WM also is fully-stocked, all sizes - I was surprised.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I figured this phenomenon was probably not universal. On a probably related note, 22LR is still scarce at best at the Wal-Marts in Far North Dallas and some of the immediate vicinity, at least in the ones I check regularly. ALL the other ammo returned of course, quite a while ago now. I have yet to gaze upon Mini-Mags in a WalMart since very early 2013.
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

This is the best idea of course. If I had a really serious need for one of these tumblers, I'd have probably already done this. I seem to only think of them when bored at Wally World, waiting for the wife to finish looking for her whatever. She got used to me going off alone to check the ammo locker post-2012 and will usually remind me as we're walking in, a not so subtle hint to 'get lost'! And then we get back together in a 30-45 minutes or so.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Concur on .22LR at WM. I'm thankful to have a sporting goods store locally with surprisingly plentiful .22 ammo, including CCIs, at very decent prices.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Weird everyone I go to they have about 5,000 in 50 different colors. Confused

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a probably related note, 22LR is still scarce at best at the Wal-Marts in Far North Dallas and some of the immediate vicinity, at least in the ones I check regularly.

Most of the WalMart's are still out of 22LR except the Chantilly, VA location which has probably well over 100+ boxes of CCI, Winchester and some Remington.

Back in the mid 70's, there was a sporting goods store in Richardson that I always visited when in the area. I use to buy fishing lures by the dozen.

The WalMart tumblers are the Cat's Mellow. I have given people the tumblers when I owed them a favor and they always comment on them about every time I see them. The 20 ounce is just right while the bigger 30 ounce is too big.

I wish they would make a coffee mug like the old Coleman SS mug which didn't hold it's vacuum over time.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Local WallyWorld has hundreds of Ozark in all iterations.

I bought a 20oz $7 model last fall. Can see no difference from the $30 Yeti.

Used the Ozark for in-Jeep road cup. Get coffee maybe 3 days/week on various journeys.

Initial test phase was very surprising and successful: mid-morning cruise to range, stopping for coffee. A few sips en route, pretty hot. A few slurps while unloading gear. Maybe a taste if the session is long. After Range Time, load up, check coffee. Maybe '2 hours' give or take, since full. Still very warm if not 'hot'.

Usually able to get the rest of it down while running errands or on the way home.

Noticed the last few weeks, the lid was getting tight. Too tight to fit the seal down into the cup rim. Got worse & worse. Out of town for a week, went to use cup....lid now is wayWAY too LOOSE to fit.

Took it back, no hassle credit/replace my choice.
Trying the replacement cup. Trying to stay convinced we can buy a quality $7 20 stainless steel thermal cup.

Noticed this week they're down to 5.99 at WW.

Still don't like the little suckie hole in the top, yet it's less annoying than the other designs.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Thanks, now I know what they look like, nice looking but I succumbed to the Yeti fever when they first came out. Great cups but I wouldn't spend the $ today, just to many good cups out there already.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Sams club has the larger 32 oz (?), not sure about 20 oz, never looked for those. I prefer the ones at Sam's because the have the sliding closesble lid. Theirs come in packs of 2 for $20. I use the for Ice water so I need the extra capacity for the ice.

Seems like the only thing that makes the ice melt is adding more water.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I wish they would make a coffee mug like the old Coleman SS mug which didn't hold it's vacuum over time.
Actually, they do still make them. I have several SS coffee mugs that do not hold their vacuum. I really don't understand why you would want one, but if you really do want one, I can send one to you.

Speaking of leaky vacuums, I had a 1978 Mercedes 240D that had vacuum operated door locks. The vacuum lines had a habit of developing pin-holes that had to be traced down and that section replaced. The mechanic and I would have beer-fueled discussions about "when the vacuum leaks out, where do it go?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have three of the old Coleman coffee cups but when they had problems with the vacuum leaking, they stopped making them.

Now they have a new model which is only 10 ounces:

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman...ug-300/dp/B0002JZFDG

The vacuum is turned in and recycled for vacuum cleaners. Big Grin Big cost savings.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just bought one at my local WM last night. They had ample stock in 3 colors at that. Even bought the 64 oz container to keep enough cool water while at work.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Last month stopped at a Wally World in N J, Barnegat or maybe Forked River?

Anyway...Had the 20 0uncers on sale for $5.49!

Cheapest I have ever seen them.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They have boatloads of them here, was in two Y'all Marts this weekend, they are all over the place on end caps.

Posts: 23447 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post