SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your favorite snack food
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite snack food Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Salsa Verde Doritos
I'll eat a whole bag in a sitting if I don't pay attention.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Strawberry twizzlers. I like Wavy Lay’s a lot too, but I’ve stayed strong and kept them out of the house.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
BBQ potato chips, Calbee shrimp chips, and Amish Country Popcorn. But I do not eat them often. Recently I discovered Boy Bawang Cornick from the PI.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
J&J Critters brand microwave pork rinds.

San Mai Tanto?

I will try not to derailed this thread too much. It is a Cold Steel Tanto bought in the early 80s made in Japan. Looks like a thin line close to the edge but I am not sure if it is San Mai. If you want more info or pics just shoot me an email. Thanks.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popcorn. Buying an air popper and a 10lbs bag of popcorn from the Amish grocery store nearby was a great investment.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vanilla wafers, cheez its, skittles, and bite size tostitos with cold pancho's cheese dip.

Posts: 82 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: December 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Pistachios. Or senbei.

Whoa !

Okay, seriously, have you been hanging out at our house ? ? ? Wink

Seriously, we've got the same situation going on here.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This is an evil thread...evil!!!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
At work, I like to snack on pistachios.

At home, I like crackers with sliced cheddar cheese.

If I really want a snack at home, then it is Chile con queso with chips!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many to just choose one favorite. Recently discovered the Peanut Butter Snickers. Totally sinful!

Butterfinger
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Homemade onion dip from Lipton Soup mix and any kind of chip to dip it with.
Brach's Maple Nut Goodies.
Fritos with bean dip.
Cherry Pie.

Just to name a few.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Chocolate, just about any kind of nuts. Mainly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Fresh made popcorn with lots of butter, lightly salted. The smell has me drooling before it is finished popping.
Try popping it with bacon fat instead of oil....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm getting lots of good ideas from this thread. We are some snacking fools.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Nuts, cheese, or protein bars. They fill me up. I don’t like calories that don’t get me full.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sharp cheddar cheese on a saltine with a splash of Tabasco or some fresh green chile.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Fresh made popcorn with lots of butter, lightly salted. The smell has me drooling before it is finished popping.
Try popping it with bacon fat instead of oil....

flashguy

We used to chop up the bacon real small and leave it in the popcorn. Also put a habaneros in the grease for a few minutes then take it out. Made some tasty popcorn that way.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My favorite snack food of all time is probably Mauna Loa (or other Hawaii grown) dry-roasted macadamia nuts.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
A good cheddar or Swiss cheese & plain old Ritz crackers for an evening in front of the tv snack.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These damn things are very addicting.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll add that my wife’s favorite snack IS awful good. Small Melba toast with Brie cheese and jalapeño jelly. Goat cheese also works for me, not so much for my wife.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post