SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your favorite snack food
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite snack food Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Not exotic, but for me it’s Fritos.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
junk food snack, red vines or twizzlers are addicting for me,

I'm right there with you on this. I don't eat much candy, but twizzlers are hard for me to resist. I don't find them overly sweet and the chewy texture is satisfying although a good flossing is needed afterwords.

Savory snack... just about any nut, trail mix or chips as long as they are not overly salted. I also recently eat near a entire bag of Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets but I guess those might fit in the sweet category.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Wheat Thins or Ritz crackers with cheese spread. Pico on chips is hard to beat too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Nacho Cheese Doritos...

The. Best. Ever. The other flavors just don't do it - nor other brands. I have to buy the one ounce bags to stop myself from eating a whole large bag. Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Those damned peanut butter stuffed pretzel nuggets that started being promoted at the grocery store last year. I can't resist them!

Honorable mentions: roasted peanuts, Snickers, almond-stuffed Hershey's kisses, kettle-cooked rustic dark potato chips, pepitas (salted roasted pumpkin seeds). I have been known to nosh on several of these within the span of an hour.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fresh made popcorn with lots of butter, lightly salted. The smell has me drooling before it is finished popping.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reeaallllyyy good at BBQ potato chips....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3479 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
My trail mix: Macadamia, Pecan, Walnut, Almond and Lily’s no sugar dark chocolate. YUM!

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
David jumbo sunflower seeds.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I hit the Cheez-its or unfrosted animal crackers or salted peanuts.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natural: Kohlrabi
Processed : Nestle's drumstick ice creme sundae cone.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really much of a snacker, but I do try to keep some Ritz crackers on hand. I'll eat them with peanut butter and honey, cheese and salsa, or cheese and pepperoni, but most of the time I just eat them plain.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles. Zero calories but a fair amount of sodium. Uniquely made without vinegar, sugar or preservatives, and have a delicious sourness to them.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
When I want a snack, it means salt - but I still want to keep it healthy. So I go for pistachios or whole grain crackers.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
J&J Critters brand microwave pork rinds.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
J&J Critters brand microwave pork rinds.

San Mai Tanto?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Candy:
M&M peanut
Licorice
Cinnamon bears
Malt balls

Snacks:
Tomato basil Wheat Thins or Triscuits
Chex mix

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the above, and Crunchy Cheetos ("It ain't easy being chees-ey")!

If I am motived, I enjoy pb&j on Ritz crackers.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
I have many, but nothing beats some good ole milk chocolate double dipped peanuts.

And double stuffed OREO's
+1 on the peanuts. I'm also very fond of chocolate Zingers. My favorite candy bar is a Clark Bar, but I can only find them at a local Fry's Electronics store (!).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post