SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just got home from work trip and my ex wife says she's taking in foster kids (we have 2 boys and I'm concerned)...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got home from work trip and my ex wife says she's taking in foster kids (we have 2 boys and I'm concerned)... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I hope the situation works out for the best, not only for your kids but the foster kids too. My experience with the foster care system was that very often, the kids were "fostered" solely for the cash the state paid for their care.
This is not the case here, obviously, so it may all work out fine. I know there are caring and committed foster parents out there and my comments are not aimed any SF member who foster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I hope the situation works out for the best, not only for your kids but the foster kids too. My experience with the foster care system was that very often, the kids were "fostered" solely for the cash the state paid for their care.
This is not the case here, obviously, so it may all work out fine. I know there are caring and committed foster parents out there and my comments are not aimed any SF member who foster.

There are a lot of scumbags out there. But there are also a lot of good people. I'll be keeping an eye on this carefully. Of course, after I talk to the case worker and ensure that all my concerns are addressed I'll let this happen. But it I think there's any risk to my kids I'll do everything I can to stop it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post