SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bob Hope USO shows on youtube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Hope USO shows on youtube Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Better at what?

I never thought Bob Hope was funny.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
He put a show for us on the John F Kennedy.
I will never forget what he said after a couple of jokes got no laughter response.

"Don't worry, you'll laugh on TV".

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
Better at what?

I never thought Bob Hope was funny.

Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
used to gather around the tv, as a child. his many appearances on Johnny Carson where almost always very good.

One of Carson's best guests

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I guess you just had to like his style of humor. I liked him. I think Jack Benny was a like it or hate it guy too but I enjoyed him also.

Hope provided some good shows and relief to our forces. And, anyone who will bring Raquel Welch to South Vietnam for the guys to drool over can't be all bad.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I thought the joke writing was very good. One of the impressive things is to see our boys, not much older than me, doing their duty. Anybody who is middle aged in these videos are most likely not with us, such as General Weyand.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw his show in person Viet-Nam 1965 and it made a difference. There was a Marine Lt/Col that had witnessed his show in the Pacific WW2, Korea and for the third time in Viet-Nam. Bob Hope cared enough to come while others were indifferent or hostile in the entertainment community.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Due to his work with the USO, Bob Hope qualifies in my book as one of the greatest Americans of the 20th Century.

God bless you, Bob. All those trips to miserable places to support our troops. No one made you do this. God bless.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I never got to see him. Wish I had. A great American indeed.

Gary Sinise is another one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post