SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dame Diana Rigg passes at 82
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dame Diana Rigg passes at 82 Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
Dame Diana Rigg, star of 'Game of Thrones' and 'The Avengers,' dead at 82

English actress Dame Diana Rigg, known for her work in “The Avengers,” “Game of Thrones” and as James Bond’s wife in “Oh Her Majesty’s Secret Service” has died at age 82.

Rigg’s agent Simon Beresford said she died Thursday morning at home with her family.

“It is with tremendous sadness that we announce that Dame Diana Rigg died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time. Dame Diana was an icon of theatre, film, and television,” Beresford told Fox News in a statement. “She was the recipient of BAFTA, Emmy, Tony and Evening Standard Awards for her work on stage and screen. Dame Diana was a much loved and admired member of her profession, a force of nature who loved her work and her fellow actors. She will be greatly missed.”

ROSAL

I miss you already, Mrs. Peel.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Always enjoyed her on the screen over the years!

Jim

Posts: 1348 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Peel. One of my first crushes.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Had the biggest crush on her when I as a kid. Emma Peel... which is a homonym of the casting direction of a character with "M. appeal"... which was short for "man appeal."

Brother, they cast her correctly!

She was also great in Game of Thrones... and her daughter was great in "Detectorists."

Resquiat in pace.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Stunningly beautiful. RIP, Dame Diana.

Posts: 9026 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:

PC
Yup, me too. R.I.P. Dame Diana.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Very sad news.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

PC

+1. Emma Peel.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huge loss to the dramatic arts, and 82 isn't that old. I feel the need for champagne this evening, and several episodes of The Avengers from about 1966.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
i thought my wife (then girl friend) bore a striking resemblance to Mrs. Peel.

RIP.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
RIP, Dame Diana.

Always enjoyed your work.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her leather cat suit was an inspiration to me as a teenager! R.I.P.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sad news.

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
As a very young man, Mrs Peel inspired me to a thousand day dreams. RIP. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. Frown

Enjoyed her work from Ms. Peel to Olenna Tyrell.

RIP, Ms. Rigg.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Another one who grew up in the 1960's watching John Steed and Emma Peel in "The Avengers". For me, Emma Peel was the perfect woman and Diana Rigg was a beautiful and talented lady.

Rest in Peace Dame Diana.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She also was in a great but not talked about movie with George C Scott, The Hospital.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

PC

+1. Emma Peel.

+2. RIP

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved her very much indeed...

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mrs. Bond Frown

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3917 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post