SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help Me Resolve A Minor Dispute
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Me Resolve A Minor Dispute Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted
My next door neighbor is my very good friend. We have quite a few discussions. Last year, we were talking about the upcoming election, and Biden was the Democrat's nominee. He insisted that Trump would not win, and I insisted he would. I told him he was a pessimist, and he told me I wasn't reading the electorate correctly.

So, yesterday we were talking in his garage and he brought up that discussion. He said, "See, I told you Trump wouldn't win." I replied, "But, he did win the election, it's just that the powers that be decided to just steal it from him after the polls closed." He countered with, "Who's in the White House today, Jon?"

Question:
So, with whom do you agree?

Choices:
Synth's neighbor. He predicted that Trump would not win the election, that Biden would, and now that Biden's living in the White House, he was correct.
Synth is right. He precited that Trump would get more votes from the electorate, thus win the election. The mere fact that the election results were corrupted by the Deep State, doesn't change the fact that the American people chose Trump

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Fairly simple. Every Trump supporter knows the election was stolen. Every Biden supporter sees absolutely nothing fishy.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but whether he was correct in the vote, or the corruption (by hook or by crook), Biden is in the White House right now.

Your neighbor was correct.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Biden didn’t “win” jack shit. He lives in the White House because of various types of fraud.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I would have replied "Biden's body is in the White House but his mind is not."

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It hinges on how we define terms.

Some see "Win" as "in the White House." Therefore, since slo jo is in the White House, he must have won.

Others, like me, see it differently. To me, President Trump WON the election. He had overwhelming votes, and it was only by GROSSLY BLATANT and excessive cheating that the dems were able to steal the election.

Look at it like a sporting event. If I ran the Boston Marathon, but took a cab 24 miles to the end, crossed the finish line first, and was awarded the Gold Medal and the high spot on the podium (this has happened in marathons many times before the cheaters were found out), did I really "Win" the marathon by cheating?

I think not.

So, President Trump "Won" the election. slo jo is currently sitting in the White House. The fact that he cheated does NOT mean (to me, at least) that he 'won' the election.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think a poll will resolve your dispute.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but it's a complete waste of time. Utterly pointless.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
There can be no winner in this argument, only losers.

Posts: 6468 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I think you are both correct, Trump won the vote, but due to corruption, Biden is in the White House..

But the bigger issue is how to deal with an overtly corrupt federal gov't.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Won't matter what you select. 'Synths Neighbor' will have additional votes appear mysteriously in the middle of the night.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are you still wasting your time talking to him?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Waste of time getting into those discussions.

My personal retort though is; if the election was as honest as the Democrats state, why aren't they supporting an investigation to remove all doubt?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Won't matter what you select. 'Synths Neighbor' will have additional votes appear mysteriously in the middle of the night.
ugeesta has won the interwebs for the day. LMFAO!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Waste of time, debate if 9mm is better than a 45 to carry.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree. You might as well be talking to a mud fence post in your back yard. It will go nowhere.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
ugeesta has won the interwebs for the day. LMFAO!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

Agreed! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Waste of time, debate if 9mm is better than a 45 to carry.

I actually succeeded in persuading him to switch to 9mm!

I think I gave ya'll the wrong impression about my neighbor. He's not a libtard by any means. He was hoping for a Trump win just like the rest of us, but he was pessimistic because everyone he talked to (other than me) was voting for Beijing Biden.

One time he asked me where I get most of my information, and I sang the praises of this forum. So, the other day when we had our light-hearted discussion, he asked me to find out what the forum thinks. Thanks to everyone for your input!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
So you and your neighbor in the SF Bay Area are both conservatives? Smile

(We lived in Silicon Valley, had 22 houses on our street, 2 were conservatives, 20 love Biden. But we moved to UT a couple of months ago, so now the ratio is 1 to 21).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Forgive me, but it's a complete waste of time. Utterly pointless.

This ^^^^^

I refuse to even discuss it anymore.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When your neighbor posts this same poll on his CNN chat room what would his poll results show?

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post