SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting message from my Uncle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting message from my Uncle Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
Today's Bible Lesson
In today’s world with President Trump getting hit daily, a little Bible Lesson might be appropriate.
Remember what Jesus said: 'Goats on the left, sheep on the right' (Matthew 25:33).

Jesus also told Peter that if he wanted to catch fish do it from the right side of the boat. He did, and filled the boat with fish.

John 21:6 (NIV) ... He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish."

Origin of Left & Right..I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible: Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) - "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen!
It surely can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson: The last four letters in American......... I Can
The last four letters in Republican........ I Can
The last four letters in Democrats....... Rats
End of lesson! ..Test to follow on November 6, 2018. Remember, November 2018 is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

Please share this Bible Lesson with all your friends and email buddies to help achieve that goal. Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

This was sent to me by my Uncle who is a very good man and a good Christian. Because he tithes every Sunday he had been audited by the IRS because they don't believe anyone actually gives 10% of their income to the church. He has always won the audits.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I also tithe 10% to the church, and have documentation to prove it. However, I've never been audited (knock wood). I think it's because I always wait to file my return until 15 Oct and the audit schedule was filled by those who filed earlier.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I also tithe 10% to the church, and have documentation to prove it. However, I've never been audited (knock wood). I think it's because I always wait to file my return until 15 Aug and the audit schedule was filled by those who filed earlier.

flashguy

August? You are the early bird. I usually wait till October 15th.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
God Bless your uncle!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Did your message come in the form of a chain email?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
The message was forwarded to me by my Uncle and it was no doubt sent to him by his buds. They are all a bunch of retired pipeliners who have built pipelines all over this nation and the world. A bunch of real stand-up guys.

When I was in college and working my way through, I worked with them and my Father. Usually on the 36" gas lines and we worked 7 days per week, 10 hours a day. That will put hair on you chest.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I also tithe 10% to the church, and have documentation to prove it. However, I've never been audited (knock wood). I think it's because I always wait to file my return until 15 Aug and the audit schedule was filled by those who filed earlier.

flashguy

August? You are the early bird. I usually wait till October 15th.
Sorry. I did mean 15 October, not August. (Original post corrected)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
all Of life’s answers contained in the good book..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post