SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lions eat three poachers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lions eat three poachers Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Hopefully there won't be a move to put the lions down, since they've found out how tasty humans can be.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
As my wife said about the poachers, "Serves 'em right!"

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good for the lions and rhinos!!

Thieves are scum!

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Loins gotta eat,this might be a new way to keep poachers away by not feeding the Lions much.
The Lions did good.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Lions gotta eat same as buzzards.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go LIONS!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Those feral cats are getting out of hand!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Lions haven't had this much fun since Siegfried and Roy!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
They died doing what they love.

Screaming like stuck pigs.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Lions haven't had this much fun since Siegfried and Roy!

Good one!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good. Sometimes mother nature pokes back.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Good. Sometimes mother nature pokes back.

Ever notice when she pokes back it is almost always fatal? She is the original honey badger...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Too bad the Lions only get to play in Chicago but once a year.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Why you stopping to tie your shoes?, we have to out run the lions"

"Nope, I only have to out run you"

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
"Why you stopping to tie your shoes?, we have to out run the lions"

"Nope, I only have to out run you"

Tie, apparently, goes to the lions. ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At around 4.30 a.m. on Monday morning, one of Sibuya’s anti-poaching dogs gave her handler a warning that something was wrong. The handler then heard a commotion from the lions but didn’t investigate as there usually is around the early hours. This is when authorities believed the incident occurred.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...r-AAzCxRl?li=BBnb7Kz

I suspect that the lions realized that the poachers were dangerous, and used good tactics. Sheep dogs bond with sheep in a flock they are guarding. I wonder if the lions ate the poachers because they were hungry, or because the lions were protecting the rhinos.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think about every sportsman will applaud the lions efforts.

Poachers are a pox on the reputation of legal hunters.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
At around 4.30 a.m. on Monday morning, one of Sibuya’s anti-poaching dogs gave her handler a warning that something was wrong. The handler then heard a commotion from the lions but didn’t investigate as there usually is around the early hours. This is when authorities believed the incident occurred.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...r-AAzCxRl?li=BBnb7Kz

I suspect that the lions realized that the poachers were dangerous, and used good tactics. Sheep dogs bond with sheep in a flock they are guarding. I wonder if the lions ate the poachers because they were hungry, or because the lions were protecting the rhinos.

Lions do not protect Rhinos or any other animals. But they will attack humans for self-defense, territory, or for food. It's usually not for food, but once these big cats get a taste for human flesh, they usually start hunting humans. So, these lions probably attacked the poachers for self defense and territory, but if they were very thin and hungry because of lack of prey, they could have attacked the poachers for an easy meal. But either way, I am ecstatic that the poachers got whacked. Now if those lions were eating villagers and natives legally hunting for food and skin, then the Lions would need to be destroyed. As long as Democrats aren't running the game reserves over there, hopefully those lions will continue eating poachers. I hate poachers wherever they are found, they are scum, the same kind of people who commit hit and runs, evade taxes, rob banks, etc., evil and morally bereft of anything good. Good on the Lions, may the poachers rot in hell.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post