SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toyota 4Runner headlight went out - help needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota 4Runner headlight went out - help needed Login/Join 
posted
My left low beam went out yesterday so I pulled into AutZone and picked up a 2 pack thinking the other isn’t far behind. I put in the new bulb, and it didn’t work. Thought that was odd and tried the other bulb, still a no go. I checked the fuse and it looked fine.

Anything else I can try before I take it to the stealership? It did come on for a few seconds while I was messing with it, but quickly went back out.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you need a new one or not...
but I needed a new rear and bought it here:

2006-2009 Toyota 4Runner Tail Light Driver Side AM-51843577
https://www.am-autoparts.com/p...-51843577.html?m=382

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
What year 4Runner? Some years they had separate fuses for Left/Right side.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anything else I can try before I take it to the stealership?

Mr. FLUKE is your friend. Work your way back through the circuit checking for voltage along the way.
Are the lamps on relays or handled directly by the dimmer switch?
Please keep looking. There's no way this should be a dealer visit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rizzle:
What year 4Runner? Some years they had separate fuses for Left/Right side.

It’s a 2007 and it does have different fuses. I checked both just in case my left was different than their left Smile

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I wondering, if you didn't throw away the old bulb, can you see if it actually burnt out?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It did come on for a few seconds while I was messing with it, but quickly went back out.

Wiggle the new bulb in the connector and see if it comes on intermittently. Wiggle the wire bundles and connectors back to the fuse block looking for the same.

It sounds like a loose/corroded connection or broken wire.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'd ask over in the 4runner forums for your Gen/year model...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
46and2 is correct. The people who own them, know...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Maybe check the relay? I’d see if I was getting voltage at the bulb connector when the switch is on first.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post