SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just can't imagine any NFL team wanting to pick up this rattlesnake and deal with all his stupid shit and deal wth all the angry fans who would then be boycotting that team.
This example completely proves your point. The Miami Dolphins lost their starting quarterback to a season ending knee injury. And who did they hire to replace him? Jay Cutler, a guy who's over the hill and who's been out of football and working for CBS Sports for the past couple years. A close colleague of my is a Dolphins season ticket holder and noted that when Crapernick's name came up as a potential replacement in Miami, season ticket holders overflowed the team's email accounts warning against such a deal.

Ole Collin is unemployable at this point, thanks solely to his own nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The jackassery here is ludicrous.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I just can't imagine any NFL team wanting to pick up this rattlesnake and deal with all his stupid shit and deal wth all the angry fans who would then be boycotting that team.
This example completely proves your point. The Miami Dolphins lost their starting quarterback to a season ending knee injury. And who did they hire to replace him? Jay Cutler, a guy who's over the hill and who's been out of football and working for CBS Sports for the past couple years. A close colleague of my is a Dolphins season ticket holder and noted that when Crapernick's name came up as a potential replacement in Miami, season ticket holders overflowed the team's email accounts warning against such a deal.

I was sitting at a bar several weeks ago watching some sports talk show and the two talking heads were clearly in the bag for Kap and trying to argue why he should go to this city or that city and that he is a good QB and all that. But when the topic of Miami came up both agreed he would never land there because of his pro Castro comments just before the Dolphins game last year. The people of Miami extra hate his ass.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
When Craponstick started this idiocy, then wore socks that depicted LEOs as pigs,

I stopped watching the NFL altogether.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Not that hard to follow: KaerperDICK, NAACP, NFL, all flag bend the knee asshats, etc = jackassery

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not that hard to follow: KaerperDICK, NAACP, NFL, all flag bend the knee asshats, etc = jackassery

Context can be everything. You wrote "The jackassery here..." "Here" could have meant either the situation with Kaepernick, the NAACP and NFL, or "here" as in the comments being made here, on SF.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:But when the topic of Miami came up both agreed he would never land there because of his pro Castro comments just before the Dolphins game last year. The people of Miami extra hate his ass.

That's the irksome part to this whole discussion with the talking heads. They all want to discuss his 'right to express himself' and how mean NFL owners & GM's are, but they conveniently overlook his ham-fisted, idiocy when it comes to wearing the pig-socks at practice, wearing a Castro-shirt IN Miami for a press conference, and all the out-of-context commentary both in the press conferences and more so on Twitter. The local press here all find him to be bright but, they also all agree that he's run himself off-the-rails with his poor understanding of the situation, his lack of context to his statements and his clumsy statement posturing. Then there's his girlfriend and all her commentary... Roll Eyes I equate his new found social positions to the naive college student trying to take a stand but, not quite having all the context and faculties to do it.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Which may or may not say something about the education football players get at the University of Nevada, Reno. From the three or four other UNR people I know, everyone else seems to do OK.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
"This is not a request. It's a demand."

Good luck with that, skippy .

They are so interested in protecting his right to free speech - without noting that the owners of the teams also have rights. They can sign or not sign anyone for just about any reason.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. Kap made his stand and wants to avoid the consequences. It doesn't work that way.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Context can be everything. You wrote "The jackassery here..." "Here" could have meant either the situation with Kaepernick, the NAACP and NFL, or "here" as in the comments being made here, on SF.

Methinks you ponder too much. The subject is defined by the OP's title and in that context my comment was made. Plain and simple.

But enough as I'm sure we both agree all this KaeperDICK related nonsense is just that...jackassery!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
"This is not a request. It's a demand."

Good luck with that, skippy .

They are so interested in protecting his right to free speech - without noting that the owners of the teams also have rights. They can sign or not sign anyone for just about any reason.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. Kap made his stand and wants to avoid the consequences. It doesn't work that way.

And your freedom of speech is protected from discrimination by the government; not from a corporation that is being harmed by your stupid behavior.

Freedom of speech and the firat amendment has absolutely nothing to do with it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:But when the topic of Miami came up both agreed he would never land there because of his pro Castro comments just before the Dolphins game last year. The people of Miami extra hate his ass.

That's the irksome part to this whole discussion with the talking heads. They all want to discuss his 'right to express himself' and how mean NFL owners & GM's are, but they conveniently overlook his ham-fisted, idiocy when it comes to wearing the pig-socks at practice, wearing a Castro-shirt IN Miami for a press conference, and all the out-of-context commentary both in the press conferences and more so on Twitter. The local press here all find him to be bright but, they also all agree that he's run himself off-the-rails with his poor understanding of the situation, his lack of context to his statements and his clumsy statement posturing. Then there's his girlfriend and all her commentary... Roll Eyes I equate his new found social positions to the naive college student trying to take a stand but, not quite having all the context and faculties to do it.

It's interesting to note that Craponstick didn't start this nonsense until after he started dating a Muslim woman.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Or when his career started heading towards the toilet.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
all of this crap aside - what do people think of him as a player and his long term prospects - ie injury

perhaps a lot of owners are also building into their equations that he's just not that great a player

so all the blacks are gonna join in and boycott the NFL...

well, gee

next?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
He had a huge amount of physical ability and raw talent but his head is so fucked up that it doesn't matter. Even without all that he may have never had the mental capacity to do the job at a consistently high level.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
That's the irksome part to this whole discussion with the talking heads. They all want to discuss his 'right to express himself' and how mean NFL owners & GM's are
Yet, I personally think he got a huge free ride there too. Say you and I work at Google, and that I think Google's corporate philosophy sucks towards white people. Now say I wear my "Google hates white people" collared t-shirt to work to protest. How long would my 1st amendment rights trump Google's right to fire me? My guess, not very long.

When Crapernick was in someone else's uniform and stadium, I would argue his 1st amendment rights were on the shelf. What he did on his own time, and outside the stadium is a whole different topic. The team owner for San Fran actually cut him way more slack on this nonsense than he should have, and as a result King Crapernick hung himself, the 49er's, and a big part of the NFL at the same time.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick can fuck off and I hope his career is over, I know its not but I can wish. Hey maybe the NAACP can get him a job with the NYC Police Dept.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
During his best days at QB, he was a middle of the pack performer. His performance has slipped considerable. He *may* be able to take a snap, and run the team a little better than a some of the third string QB's who have jobs, but with the baggage he brings, what team would want to deal with that. Oh wait...apparently none.

I'm sick and tired of these special interest groups trying to force their agenda on me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Not that this thread is about Jay Culter but 34 over the hill? Confused and he hasn't been out of football a couple years he decided to retire after this last season.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post