SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Dear Mr. Griggs,

Suck a bag of dicks.

Respectfully,

Everybody with common sense.

Yeah, that sums it up nicely!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For starters he is not that great of a quarterback to begin with,no matter his stance. There was a news reporter on a local station where I live, out of West Palm Beach, who used Kap. as an example of whom we should be more tolerant with.Really? He is YOUR example?

People are becoming more insane and emboldened everyday and our government does nothing to keep these people in check,legally. You can destroy areas,riot,loot,whatever you want and no one holds them accountable. They are given a free pass. Our country is changing for the worst and continually in a downward spiral. It would not surprise me if these supporters block the streets or stadiums. Not that I care either way.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I think the NFL is staying away from Kapernick because of his "not standing" stunts. He has the talent to play. (MO)
I have no idea if he has the talent to play, although I like hearing people say that he is mediocre at best.

I do know that it's a very good idea for companies (for their own sake and the sake of their stockholders, if any) to avoid becoming involved needlessly in controversy.

Again, though, when you take a close look at this guy, you can see how very ridiculous is the entire thing- the guy wasn't suddenly inspired to start fighting The Man. He heard rumors that he was going to be traded, so he played the Race Card, He is a complete phony- an absolute fraud, who created out of nothing this stupid controversy. All this bullshit is simply because he's running a con. All those people who take him seriously and take up his cause in earnest- he's helping them make fools of themselves, and all of it goes back to his ego and his personal enrichment. Period.

That is what makes this so outrageous. It would be one thing if the guy actually held these beliefs about "oppression" and was doing things to his own detriment in order to advance his cause. This is not that, though. This is a con game from a spoiled, ungrateful, unethical brat.

Well, now he's paying the price. He has no one to blame but himself, even though he and his naive supporters can never admit that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong but I believe that Alaskan-Indian Supremacists are also calling for a boycott.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago naacp called for a boycott of South Carolina. Never effected Myrtle Beach black biker week, save the fact many businesses chose to close down & whites went to other beaches, both for obvious reasons.

History will repeat itself in Ga.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don't think this "boycott" will work as well as the last one.

Good luck with that, you ninnies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since there will be no NFL football in Georgia, I am curious as to what the alternate programming will be. Perhaps the Canadian sport of Curling will be making a comeback. This is beyond ridiculous. I am sure the NFL owners are extremely worried about this issue.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the naacp relevant?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Since there will be no NFL football in Georgia,

As a reminder, he said no football.... not just NFL football...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a reminder, he said no football.... not just NFL football.

Sorry missed that. Wow. I am sure the SEC is very concerned now. LOL

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The price for ANY team that signs that commie will be far greater than what the naacp-racists can deploy if they don't.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
His job was to play football for a bunch of money. He wasn't hired to be anything else. If he wanted to be a politician, he should run for office. If he wanted to fight for 'social justice' be a social worker.

Just throw the damn football, keep your political mouth shut and tell kids to eat their Wheaties like I did.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yawn. Whoop de flippity do.

He and the National Felony League are irrelevant to me.

Go get a real job and be a responsible citizen.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't go into GA where football is King and threaten a boycott, it will not end well for you.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch a single game last season because of the NFL's willingness to tolerate this fool's actions, not even the superbowl, but I have been pleased with their rejection of this coward as a whole since which has convinced me to return for next season. If they bow to this commie pressure now, I'll turn my back on them again...at the very least to whatever team signs him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Me neither Balze....couldn't give a shit.

Funny how you don't see this bullshit in the NHL. F**K the National Football League!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
If the dude was thought to have any chance to help a team win ballgames he would get a contract, it really is that simple. NFL football is pure Meritocracy, like it or not. Murderer, rapist, drug addict, who cares....can you play son, here's a jersey and a couple of million bucks. The kid showed a little promise, had a good season and fizzled after that. He is a slightly more controversial Tebow. Tallented but not one of the best 64 people on the planet at his chosen vocation. Sorry kid, next.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
If the dude was thought to have any chance to help a team win ballgames he would get a contract, it really is that simple. NFL football is pure Meritocracy, like it or not. Murderer, rapist, drug addict, who cares....can you play son, here's a jersey and a couple of million bucks. The kid showed a little promise, had a good season and fizzled after that. He is a slightly more controversial Tebow. Tallented but not one of the best 64 people on the planet at his chosen vocation. Sorry kid, next.....

This really all there is to it. Plain and simple.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of distractions to tempt one once you are in the glare of publicity and have a big bank account. If you fall for any of them, all the talent in the world won't keep your job.

Ask Ryan Leaf, Johnny Touchdown and Vince Young how that works.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, though, when you take a close look at this guy, you can see how very ridiculous is the entire thing- the guy wasn't suddenly inspired to start fighting The Man. He heard rumors that he was going to be traded, so he played the Race Card, He is a complete phony- an absolute fraud, who created out of nothing this stupid controversy. All this bullshit is simply because he's running a con. All those people who take him seriously and take up his cause in earnest- he's helping them make fools of themselves, and all of it goes back to his ego and his personal enrichment. Period.

Yep, it's a con. He thought he could shame them into keeping him. And the NAACP has made themselves "useful idiots" in support of his con.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post